According to Merriam-Webster.com, one definition of “victorious” is:
- having won a victory
- of, relating to, or characteristic of victory
This led me to look up the definition of “victory,” which is achievement of mastery or success in a struggle or endeavor against odds or difficulties.
Here are a few characteristics I believe all victorious women possess:
- She knows how to let go of the past and other things that may hold her back so she can step into a brighter future. A victorious woman knows it does no good to hold on to grudges or allow what happened in the past to hold her hostage. She understands that to move into the successful life she deserves and desires, she must forgive and let go.
- She finds a way to make her dreams come true. A victorious woman realizes that she has her dreams for a reason and that God didn’t give her her desires without a way to make them happen. She knows that the road may be long and have bumps and curves, but she also knows that she can and will find a way to bring her dreams and desires to fruition.
- A victorious woman isn’t defined by other people’s opinions of her. She knows that people will have their thoughts about her and what she does, but she knows that, at the end of the day, the only opinion that truly matters is her own and God’s. She understands that what is really important is walking in her calling and doing what she’s been purposed to do.
- She lets go of the idea of being perfect or “Superwoman.” A victorious woman realizes there’s no such thing as being perfect (i.e., flawless); she knows that she can and should be the best she can be. And she continuously strives for excellence and works on being the best version of herself.
- She stays away from negative situations and people. Although she may have to deal with them at times, a victorious woman does not constantly stay in situations that are negative and energy-draining, nor does she hang around individuals who continuously complain, gossip or who never have anything positive to say or contribute. She knows that she must surround herself with positivity.
- A victorious woman never lets defeat have the last word. She knows that her journey in life won’t always be easy or lined with gold. She knows that she will fall down, fail and have disappointments. But, a victorious woman always picks herself up, dusts herself off and keeps it moving until she reaches her destination!
Are there any other characteristics you would add? Please share below!
Dreamer. Lover of life. Goal getter. These are just a few words to describe Jamie Fleming-Dixon, inspirational writer, blogger, editor and F.A.B. Life Strategist. She is the founder and editor-in-chief of For Colored Gurls, a personal development blog with the mission of inspiring and empowering women to live their most Fabulous lives. Additionally, she is owner of Mocha Writer, a boutique copy editing and proofreading service.
Jamie is also the author of How to Change Your Mindset + Live Your Most Fabulous Life, a motivational book, providing practical tips for creating a more positive mindset and living the life of one's dream. She has been featured in several websites, blogs, magazines and Blog Talk Radio Shows, including TheCEOMamma.com, AfroElle Magazine and Prominence Magazine and was recently named one of the 2012 50 Fabulous Women Entrepreneurs on BBWO (Black Business Women Online). Visit her online at jamieflemingdixon.com.