Hello, I am ready to start working on my project. The project is... I will consult with clients and their family who are interested in med equipment & supplies. I will refer my clients to the sale person that will handle the referal. I will get paid once the referral has went through. I will not handling any inventory. I will just filll out a form with information about the client. I was thinking that my target would be senior citizens and their family members. I would like to get a website...the site would advertise what is offered and other information that is of help. If a client is interested in any the products I will take the referral and send it the next level. Here is what I will be offering the clients: ARTHRITIS KITS DIABETES MONITORING SUPPLIES— Home Delivery Only A SHOE VARIETY -For Diabetes, Poor Circulation, etc. DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT— Power Wheelchairs, Scooters, Walkers, Canes, Shower Supplies, etc. Thanks for any help and advice.!!! I eager to get this going!!!

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Lisa J,
    My Name is Shaunte D., I am on your site looking at what you offer to Clients and their family. but i see you left out a big marge (Hospice Clients) . Someone is always in need of your service, after my Father passed I didn't have a need for any of things, so i had a yard sale! NOW i wish this site was in place at the time. please contact me ,I think i can help you with your business.
  • If you want to make sure you cover the basics of setting up your site( i.e what pages to include, how to layout your pages, etc) you can visit my blog on How To Design A Good Web Site. I have listed some of the best practices for designing a business site.

It is a great place to start especially if you are considering setting up your own site.
  • Hello Lisa,

Congratulations on your new business venture.

Suggestions I have for you:

1) Look at other sites that are in the med. supplies and equipment service field. This will give you ideas as to what features you many want on your site. Along side that, look at other websites to get a feel for the "vibe" of site you want ( ex. calm and soothing colors or sharp, crisp images). It will help in the web design process if you decide to work with a web designer.

2) If you have not done so, begin to document your service offering, referral process, contact information and etc. This will help you determine how big of a site you need ( ex. 5 pages versus 10 pages) which will play a part in your pricing.

3) Think about a few options for your web address ( www.yourcompany.com). The first thing that comes to mind may not be available on the web. You can be creative!

Hope this is helpful!

Sharvette Mitchell
    Mitchell Productions, LLC
    info@Mitchell-Productions.com
    www.Mitchell-Productions.com

www.BlogTalkRadio.com/Mitchell-Productions

Motivate. Excite. Influence.
  • Feel free to email me so that we can discuss your options. My web and graphic design site will be up this week. Here are just a few site that we have done: http://springcartdesigns.com/webdesign.html My email address is as follows: myisha@springcartdesigns.com
  • Hi Lisa,

You have several directions you can go into with this venture. Many sites offer DIY (do-it-yourself) infrastructures but I'll tell you first hand that it is very time consuming unless you have someone managing your website for you. If you visit the Connections page at my website, you will find under Small Business Resources, links to help you register a domain name as well as building your own site. Then there are free websites you can start up but they will have advertising on them. Try Freewebs. Another option would be to hire a web designer. My company does offer web design services on two levels. One would be using one of the DIY programs to create your site and the other would be using html where a member of my team would handle the project. The second option is a little more pricier.

Be blessed and best of luck to you and your endeavors.

--
    Ktasha N. Hardge
    President & CEO, Hardge Connections, LLC and
    Co-owner, Global Connections Travel
This reply was deleted.