Shipping to Canada/Mexico

Hi Ladies: Ok, I've been to the US post office website and I'm just confused. Who ships to Canada and Mexico and how do you to that? I want to open up my products to our upper and lower neighbors because they should not be deprived of my products (smile). How about shipping overseas? Thanks! CeeCee

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey CeeCee, I ship internationally but I don't ship to Mexico or Italy. From my understanding and listening to customers, Italy is very hard to get cosmetics through their customers and same with Mexico(from what I hear). So I personally would rather not take the payment and have the products never show up to the customer. As for Canada. you'll have to check, but the shipping charge for Flat rate was about 9.00-9.50 so it's not too bad( as you know the P.O. just had another increase) Though I just charge a flat rate of 11.00 for all Priority International orders.
    I'm no help on the First Class shipping but another member may chime in!
    • Thanks Candace -- just what I needed - I do love flat rate shipping.

When you flat rate ship - does your cart automatically calculate that or do you send a shipping invoice to your Canadian customers?

C
      • Well it really depends on how you want to do it. With any cart I've had for flat rate shipping I always program the amount I want to charge for it. Now there was a period in time that I also had a form on the site that all international customers ordered from and I would send them an invoice within 24hrs and they would send the payment. I actually really liked it that way because if there was a country that could be a potential problem I could speak to them about it.
        Also if you don't ship internationally I would add some other options to your cart as well. There are a lot of international shipping destinations that have no insurance coverages etc. So you can take a payment for insurance, and get to the P.O and they tell you that country doesn't allow it or that they don't cover certain amounts.

What I also do on EVERY international order is this, I purchase a Certificate of Mailing on all international orders. It's my proof that I DID in fact hand a package with that customers name and addy to a USPS worker and it's time and date stamped.

This is a business board so I don't mind saying ( and I'm sure many of you already know!) that a lot of times people don't want to pay the extra price to make sure their order arrives with no problem ......and if there is a problem that everyone is compensated( my company sending out MORE products). Online word of mouth is everything and I've seen far to many companies names run through the mud and even questioned as to if they really sent the product at all. So I just buy it and nip it in the bud.Granted Canada is close but the simple fact is they require all the paperwork as if you were mailing something to Finland! And often times the have long hold times in customs.

Ok lady I'm writing a book here! Anything else just let me know!Candace
This reply was deleted.