I have a online business that im trying to market and gain exposure, so i decided to sell my products on ebay. The problem is how do i make a profit instead of a loss. How do i not take a loss and make money through their auction style selling. Thanks Ladies in Advance!

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you guys for the Info..It is greatly appreciated
    once again I thank you!!!
    BLESSINGS TO ALL
  • I have an e-bay store which works and makes money when I work it. Life has gotten in the way so I have not done much lately.

Here is what works for me:

- On merchandise that I purchased I have doubled the wholesale price, added in the cost of materials (boxes, etc.) and then set the price. I have set the shipping for the majority of the merchandise to Parcel Post varying by buyer location. I have also offered Priority Mail during holiday times.

- I have also offered a free gift with purchase usually something that is not too expensive and that I can buy in bulk.

- Do a search on E-bay to see what the competition is selling similar items for and let that help you decide.

- If you can afford to start the bidding at .99 that would help as many buyers look first at items that start low. I have sold (CD's) this way that I earned as bonus' and the majority of them sold for $7 - $8. that was a huge profit as I receive these items as bonus'.

I have an Inspirational Gift Basket business and have offered pamphlets and trinkets as the free gifts with purchase.
    • Good Info...this was needed
    • oh thank you so much ...it helped alot!!
  • I used to set a minimum on what I would accept as a bid. And also make sure that you get the right shipping prices. At first I was losing money on shipping because I was undercharging.
  • Hi Squisito,

You may find this link useful. Selling on Ebay. Good luck.

You may also want to review my blog and also join my new group The Tax and Small Business Clinic to gain information about marketing and growing your business and a whole lot more.

--
    Ktasha N. Hardge
    President & CEO, Hardge Connections, LLC
    Co-owner, Global Connections Travel
    Group Moderator, The Tax and Small Business Clinic
This reply was deleted.