Special guests: Elizabeth Atkins, Anthony Reeves, Esq. and Christine Lowe-Woolard. Recently I read article online about little girls receiving pedicures as young as six years old, and "Hooker Barbie" being released by Mattel in September. The Mommy blogger sites lit up with commentary on this subject. Most of them crying "Enough is enough!" What are we teaching our girls? What is the key to positive healthy body image and self-esteem? What's your opinion? Join us and share your thoughts. My guests for tonight's show: Elizabeth Atkins has appeared on Montell Williams and Oprah. She is a best selling author and nominate for a Pulitzer Prize. She is an expert speaker on the topic of multi-racial identity. Christine Lowe-Woolard is a Yale grad, educator, entrepreneur, homeschooler, and prolific blogger. Anthony Reeves, Esq is a mentor, motivational speaker, martial artist, talk show host, an active member of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity and a member of the Florida State Bar. www.BlogTalkRadio.com/TheRecipeBox Friday, August 15th 8:00pm ET You can stop by and listen to the archives or download through iTunes.

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Barbara,

What race is Hooker Barbie?

It appears that one of the keys to having a positive healthy body image and self-esteem is to NOT have a Mother who dresses you like a whore.

It's rather difficult for a young child to have any control over this option.

Denise van Esche
This reply was deleted.