Replies

• Hi ladies, it is great to be in your presence and thank God and LaShanda for this site. I can relate to the comments, after being separated and having two children to raise by myself battling low self esteem, no cash, living from hand to mouth there have been times when I felt like giving up, but surprisingly it was a black brother who I worked with encouraged and pushed me not to give up...when I started my business he encouraged me and kept pushing me never to give up. After a year I am still struggling but with a renewed sense of hope. I am trying to encourage my teens to think and try to do things for themselves not to follow others - I have tried to tell them they should strive to own their own business and not work for anyone else that will pay them little and nothing for their talent.

I am happy to know that there are women of color out there who are willing to help each other and not drag each other down. Other culture does it and our race would be much better off if we would stick by each other as the others do and help each other.

God Bless
  • When I reach out to other sistas that I find on myspace or other places, some seem suprised - one even commented to me that she was afraid to reach out to other black women because on the times she had, she was rebuffed.

I think that black women can be very powerful when we work together. Of course there is always that one bad apple that no matter what you do there is always dissent. However, that is true of ANY group! :)
  • Wow... that's a good topic. So much can be said about it. I personally make it my business to reach out to my sistas... granted, there are some who can't be reached, or don't want to be reached.... but the ones that can... I give love to. Once we .... sistas.... get past those insecurities that nag at us... once we open up... smile at each other and get to know each other just a little bit, you will find that there is a MAGIC that lives within us. Granted, I've had some had lessons to be learned from "haters" but I don't carry it on to the next sista. It was told to me by an older sister... "you and I can be MAD at each other and ready to scratch each other's faces off, but when it comes down to us sticking together, act like glue cause we can be mad tomorrow" LOVE IT!!! I think society wants us to fight among ourselves... it causes division and when we're divided, we lose control.
  • I know that to be said, but In some case I have heard others talking about issues with co-workers, or partners in the same business, and I guess I can say that because, I have never had any problems working with alot of Black women in the same location. I will not say that it dose not exist, but so far I have not experienced it. I have worked in many different fields,worked many different types of businesses, and I can say I have been lucky. I know all the women I know that have their own businesses, and or work in Offices may have some disagreements, but not enough for society to say we can't get along, we could say the same thing about other races, and it would probably average out the same.
This reply was deleted.