In Need of Encouragement

Ladies, I know that life does not promise to be easy and that there are always going to be obstacles. Especially for those that are believers in God's promises. I know it's the devil trying to discourage me. But I really could use a word (or 2) from the wonderful Sisterhood on BBWO. I have 2 daughters- 2 and 3 who have been in and out of the hospitals since birth. I teach and have had to resign once because of their health. We even moved to another state so that we would be closer to family to help with the girls. Because my husband and I are teachers, funds are already stretched to the max-throw in doctor's expenses and prescriptions and we literally live check to check. I have been working hard in perparation to start up my own online business. I have read the posts and tips on this site daily. I am so frustrated and stretched to the max that sometimes, it honestly seems as if I will never be able to use the money to start up for what it was intended for. Then again, if my children need it, I guess that is what it is intended for. I could really use some encouragement, but I'm glad I got the opportunity to vent as well.

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What is this online business you're trying to create and what kind of money do you think it needs to get started?

What kind of health issues do your daughters have? Are they similar?

Perhaps you can build something around them - awareness, advocacy, support etc. that can connect you with other parents who are experiencing the same issues. This may help you find community around your children's health, and release some of the stress.
  • Thank you Denise and Shay,

Your words are definitely the encouragement I need. I have come to the realization that God is not telling me "No, but Not right now." I know that there are somethings I need to get out of my way so that I will be able to receive what He has for me. But it really felt good to express my frustrations. Thanks again. Shay, now that you are back home, please keep the daily inspirations coming. They are important to someone-ME!
  • Hello Chandra,

For everything there is a season. Your season is coming Chandra, please believe that. GOD has promised to give us the desires of our heart. Keep on leaning and trusting in HIM and know that I am praying for you and your family and I am here for you. I am available for venting sessions 24/7, 365 days a year. GOD loves you and so do I.

Take care,

Shay
  • Hello Chandra,

It sounds like you are already suffering from burnout. You have so many issues to deal with vis a vis current finances and family issues. Why not take a break for a few weeks or months until you have recharged your batteries and dealt with other, more pressing matters. The break will allow you to step back and appraise your business concept with renewed vigor and and a more objective eye. All businessowners should do this from time to time, but perhaps God is simply telling you that now is the best time to do this.

When you are able to return to your business, you'll have more energy, enthusiasm, and probably a few great ideas where you want to take your business. In the meantime you can continue to read the posts and tips posted by other members.

Denise van Esche
    OMR Security Group
    http://www.freewebs.com/omr/
This reply was deleted.