In Remembrance: 9/11

Taken from the White House Commission on Remembrance September 11th Tragedy On September 11, 2001 our world changed. The horror of this senseless attack is truly global in scale, with consequences we can't bear to imagine. This terrible evil has also touched our hearts in a deeply personal way. We stare in disbelief knowing someone's father, mother, son, daughter, husband, or wife will not return home. We cry. We shake with rage. We feel helpless to understand this profanity. What monsters could do this? Suddenly it doesn't matter what we do for a living or our next vacation. We know instinctively that all nationalities, races, and religions must unite together to stop... stop this insanity. In this National Moment of Remembrance we are joined together to find some measure of healing, courage, and clearer vision. Together, we extend our deepest and most profound sympathy to the families and friends of victims of this horrible tragedy. We Must Think Anew "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." — Abraham Lincoln -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A Rictameter Prayer For The Americans by Heng Kaile I pray the fragile heart be bestowed quiet strength Not be devoured by bitterness The mind rid of torturing images Left to react decisively Aided by tender peace Earnest wishes I pray A Fireman's Duty by Rebecca Delay A Fireman's Duty, Is to be there when someone's life is in danger. A Fireman's Duty, Is to go in that burning building when no one else will. He is to cherish and respect what he does. He is to think before he reacts. A Fireman's Duty, Is to put that fire out so it doesn't cause another family to cry. A Fireman's Duty is to care and to understand. A Fireman's Duty, Is to come home to a job well done. The Day I Saw My Lady Cry by Michael Mack She stood there with her torch held high To watch planes falling from the sky As silver bullets ripped apart The center of her loving heart With disregard for sanity In senseless act of lunacy She saw her children fall and die The day I saw my lady cry. I LIFT MY LAMP … so reads her plaque Just miles from terrorist attack Her open doors now violated By pure evil orchestrated Hounds of Hell have been released And Good must rise to kill the Beast. I saw her head droop, shaking "Why?" The day I saw my lady cry. Her tears will bring on bitter rain Unleashing winds of hurricane To circle globe in whirlwind force Uncover evil at its source Then seek exacting recompense From those who prey on innocents. They'll not forget, as time goes by, The day they made my lady cry. Together by vlraynes together in prayer hand in hand hearts held safely in comfort's gentle embrace in this moment...we become one undivided...unconquered God WILL bless America and we shall overcome together Selected poems from Passions in Poetry

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –