Ok growing up in a small town I was exposed to the local farmers market. I am not the "I just love the outdoors" type so this was not my favorite hang out. Today the local farmer or community garden has become a needed part of everyday life. The more information I come across the more I look forward to washing off local dirt and getting to know the farmer who has grown the foods we eat. Eating local as not always been a concern of mine but it is better for the body to eat what is in season in your area. We have become so accustom to eating foods shipped in from all around the world that we forget and may not even know how to find out what is in season in our part of the world. Eating local and in season is better on our body and supports your community and keeps money flowing in your area. Once you do the research and you will be surprised what is grown in your town. You may even find more choices than you knew existed. So go local and see how you feel and let me know how much you save. See you on the Well-Side. Wellness & Blessings to you,

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –