Replies

• You have to make sure you are doing what you love....not all the time you will receive open arms but when they see that you are there to help and to stay for a while they will begin to trust....we have to remember, so many people have come into our communities and promised us the world and in many instances have not delivered or left without giving back. Many people are still carrying those hurts and are going to shield themselves from future disappointments..

So the next one who doubts your sincerity, prove them wron by being you and bring there...

You have strength you haven't even encountered yet....Just you wait and see!

love,

tiff
  • Are you asking why Black consumers don't support Black businesses?
    I think it's fear. So if we're aware of the problem, we need to model the alternative to fear which is love.
    Encourage your co-workers to celebrate at a restaurant owned by a person of color. Or by a gift for your child's teacher from a Black owned store. There's no reason why she wouldn't love a kinte cloth pencil holder.

Where I live, I do experience prejudice towards attending events in different parts of town. If I am singing out east, people from the west might not come and vice versa.
    So I try to concentrate on serving as many people as I can, whomever they are.
    As an entertainer, I find myself in all kinds of mixed company. I have to learn how to cater my performances for all people while still being true to myself.
    I can sing "Ave Maria" at your daughter's wedding but you're still going to hear "Got to be Real" at the reception.
    But I ain't too proud to learn a German polka.
    • Hi Kelle

I did listen to some of your music and i liked it. I would imagine you singing German polka with your lovely voice going down well here. Give it a try. Nothng is impossible.
  • Hi everyone, I'm new. I'm struggling with the same issues. I'm so happy to find a community of black women going through the same things.

Joy, I'm trying to cope with the recent economic downturn. People are really holding on to their money. I love working with folks in my own community, but sometimes I get distrust because maybe they've previously dealt with a male or white person in my field and are unaccustomed to a black woman doing the same thing. It can be really discouraging.
    • Thanks Maria. I know its not that easy. But with the help of God we are sure to pull through our day to day hurdles.
      Have a nice day
    • Hi
      Thanks for sharing your feelings. This is a big step forward because you will notice you’re not the only one who is faced with this. Some people tend to ignore it. This makes it worse. I would suggest to confront your customers show them your work. Which I think it’s fantastic. When they see your confidence they will gain trust in you. Don’t give them the benefit of doubt. Try to take part in activities in the community even if it’s going to the gym, churches.
      Joining in networking will also move your business to higher levels.
  • The way to cope in a situtation like this is just be yourself. Dealing with people from different walks of life can sometime put a strain on your mental status. I currenly reside in a area where hatred is within our on race.

I truly understand were you are coming from, however; pray about and keep it moving. Women are strange being. lol

LaShawn
    • Thanks Lashawn

I will keep this in mind.
      I have thought of being positive and join in activities around like mother and todler groups. What i found out it works , because they try to deal with you as a individual person.It takes time of cause but i think its a way to introduce your self to your community around.
This reply was deleted.