IS THIS IT .....IS THIS WHAT WE HAVE RESORTED TO A BUNCH OF PYRAMID PUSHERS. I KEEP GETTING EMAILS FROM BLACK PEOPLE TRYIN TO PUSH THERE PYRAMIDS ON ME AND I'M TIRED OF IT. NO!!!!! I DONT WANT TO BE A PART OF YTB .....WHY... BECAUSE AT THE END OF YOUR ROPE, YOUR MAKING SOMEONE ELSE RICH AND YOUR GETTING SCRAPS .....AND I DONT WANT TO BE A PARTOF THAT.... ME TRYIN TO SURVIVE IS HARD ENOUGH WITH OUT THE PYRAMID PUISHERS TRYIN TO INFLUENCE ME TO GIVE THEM MONEY IN ORDER TO MAKE MONEY ......HOW WEALTHY CAN YOU GET MAKING SOMEONE ELSE WEALTHY

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm new to this community and I just had to jump in on this....Sis you may want to do a little research about pyramid schemes and multi-level marketing, direct sales, network marketing...if you do you may find that yet "pyramids" still exist yes, but the network marketing model can prove to be very lucrative. I will admit that people push different models that promise a ton of money in a little time with little effort, and that (trust me) is simply a lie. I am involved with a direct sales company and I had to adopt the mind-set of a business owner, and I have to do the things that business owners do and my success is not built over-night. There is work involved. long hours, and several "no's." Yet I believe in my company (I am a product of my product) and I consistently go back to my WHY. I have a bigger vision for MY business that just pushing and peddling products, and the most recent lesson I have learned is that I DON'T want everyone I come in contact with to be a business partner of mine..I have learned that qualifying people, and probing to find their WHY is key....I have had team members that just wanted to get in my business simply because it was new, and "ground-level." and I signed them up only to have them quit or give up in less than a year. My point is find a compayny and a product that fits you and what you do and work that! Be educated about the differences between "get ridh quick schemes" and legitimated business opportunities, and whatever you do be prepared to put in work to obtain the level of success you desire. The secret; I think; is to find something that you would share with a stranger on the street for free, something that you are truely passionate about, and the answer to that question will be the company or product you may want to consider getting involved with, and always do a "background check" on any company...check the BBB, the DSA (Direct Sales Association), and of course GOOGLE them to find our what comes back...these things will help you weed through the wide range of offers and opportunities out there.

"Dont Take No Wooden Nickles"

MzJ
    Phytt-Well Training
  • Hustling Diva,

I agree with you 100%. I could not have said it better. We all have to remember to always walk in the love of GOD and everything else will fall into place.

It's so important to educate ourselves first on topics we are led to comment about. There is a HUGE difference between "a pyramid" and Network Marketing. Ever heard of Mary Kay Cosmetics. Most of us at some point in our lives have done Mary Kay or know someone who has. When she started her company people wanted to label it a "pyramid". Look at the company today. Mary Kay built her company on God's principles (God first, family second, and business/career third) and the golden rule (always treat others the way you want to be treated). She wanted to create a company that would celebrate women and help them financially. This company has some of the highest paid women in direct sales. One of the highest paid Black Women in Direct Sales is Gloria Mayfield-Banks, a Mary Kay Executive National Sales Director. There are many examples like this where Network Marketing & Direct Sales has changed people's lives and I am all for that. I am currently very successful with network marketing businesses and dedicated to helping others do the same.

I was so excited to have found this network and be able to meet and talk with all of God's children. We are all His children even if some people don't think they are. It's nice to come online to a place where we all feel welcomed and celebrated. Let's keep it that way. God is love and may He bless each and every person represented on this network. We love you Vilma :)
  • Hi Vilma,

I'm getting emails from many individuals about their business, not just folks in YTB. I'm a YTB Travel Affiliate and do not agree with some of the things you mention in your write-up about YTB. Let's address your statement about the "Pyramid Pushers". If you do not want emails from certain folks/groups, I believe there is a way to control the type of emails that you receive. I need to do this myself, because I'm getting emails from just about everyone. The word you used "Pyramid Pushers", when referring to folks who work in YTB is unfair and unjust. I was also offended by your statement that you are gettting emails from "BLACK PEOPLE". Not sure the point you were trying to make with this statement. The tone of your write-up comes off as ANGRY. Maybe you are angry based on the emails you are receiving. Would it have made sense to approach the folks sending you the emails from YTB first, before blasting people who are YTB affiliates?

Not everyone in YTB is getting SCRAPS. People join YTB for many reasons. Some of the reasons include supplementing their income, saving on their taxes, saving on their travel, becoming director, etc. My initial reasons for joining YTB was to save on TRAVEL and my TAXES. This is just one of the businesses I wanted to explore.

I just hope that we can all SHARE on this network and not judge others for the TYPE of business that they choose to become involved. It's GREAT that you have an opinion on YTB, but the way you came across could have been a bit more friendlier.

I would like to go on to say that if anyone is aggravated or upset by what they are receiving in their email or comments,
    contact the other person and share your thoughts and feelings. There is no need to let yourself get to a point where you are upset or angry. Life is just too SHOOOOOORT!

Happy Networking to ALL

-Teresa - www.gottitravel.paradisenetwork.com
    • thank you for your comment, isee people are focused more on the fact that i said BLACK PEOPLE than the message at hand. what im trying to say is we as a BLACK PEOPLE need to be focused on bigger and better things......not a walk through the pyramid rolodex
This reply was deleted.