what to do on BBWO

Well, I was here when you started, and I've been building my site and business ever since. I thought i could attend the teleconferences, but we have them on the same night. So just to let you know, I'm proud of the professionalism of this site. And i'll say this: i would love to create business and social relationships wi3th all of the members. But, I don't have time to just chat for the sake of chatting. I'd love to find out what your needs are and how I might be able to help fulfill them. Let me share a bit about me, so that you might know if I can be an asset to your business, sociial, or even personal needs. I am the author that took ten years to write one book--The Mayor's Wife Wore Sapphires, an urban political thriller. Having been a mayor's wife and having so much content at my disposal, it took me ten years to write my novel. Well, that ten years turned out to mean more than the book. i learned all about the writing, book publishing, editing, and promotion business. Trust me, each of those entities is a separate component to learn. Most of all, i learned about the Black book business. I learned about the psychology of Black book business. When I decided to self-publish my novel, I learned what I needed to know. 1) Black businesses need to write a book to promote their businesses. 2) Blacks find it difficult to collaborate with others to promote their books while promoting their own business. 3) Blacks need to write broad-based characters other than the ones we've been seeing--the love victim, the street hustler, the drug abuser, the fast, hot momma doing it on the kitchen table--erotica. 4) We need to shape our own images the way we want to see ourselves. 5) we need to learn to write well. 6) we need to learn to make money from out writings, and control our literary rights. All writers, regardless to ethnicity, need to learn to write the most compelling stories and edit well. Well, while I was spending that 10-years writing and trying to market my book, i learned how to do all of those things above well. I created the only site on the Internet that is dedicated to helping writers create a more positive image of African American people, and how to make money by supporting each other. If you want to support a more accurate image of African American people, come over to our headquarters and join us. We are working on finding 1 M people,no matter the race, to help replace the negative images that we see in the media with positive ones. For those with businesses, i declare to you that writers need the same things that most people do. Our headquarters is there to hook up those who would support the image with the writers who are writing the images. Support is a two-way street. Do I love this site of yours, yes I do. i visit often. Now please stop by and visit me. Martha Tucker, author, publisher, editor, bookcoach, motivational speaker Founder: New Image Writer's Network New Image Writer's Innercircle New Image Writer's Support Team www.newimagewriters.com www.blog.newimagewriters.com

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online