Can I really make money with Adsense?

I'm sure there are quite a few online entrepreneurs who are burning to find out if they can really make a realistic income with google adsense? You see all these ads and you see all these sites with adsense plastered all over them and wonder, does google adsense really work? Or rather, can it work for me? Truth be told I have been using adsense for a few years now and I have to say that my adsense paycheck is a stable, much appreciated addition to my monthly income. To be quite honest with you, on average I make between $100 - $500 in adsense monthly, but the more I work on generating more site traffic, writing quality blog content, and expanding my online network, the more my adsense income grows. Though I am not exactly where I want to be yet, financially speaking, here are a few things I learned about using google adsense:
  1. Adsense works best on sites with consistent content and strong, keywords For example: Whether you have a black hair site or black blog: If the text on your site clearly focuses on a particular topic or topics that advertisers are interested in then you can be sure to have relevant ads or your site that your viewers will gravitate to clicking
  2. I always make sure my adsense background and link colors match the design of my site so that they are easily integrated into my site design
  3. I make sure to have ads either at the top of each page or on the top of either the left/or right hand side. Try to have your ads be one of the first things a viewer sees without taking away from the actual content of your site
On the topic of Google Adsense, I recently read this great proBlogger post entitled 'How much do bloggers earn blogging'. According to the poll: 49% earned under $100 23% earned over $1000 16% earned over $2500 9% earned over $15000 I personally am working on being apart of that 9%. I'll be writing more posts on making money online, in the future. Stay tuned. lh.

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –