Success Did Not Choose Me ...... I chose Success

This phrase came to me while doing my hair this weekend ! Sorry, but I work from home, so it's hard to do anything without thinking something along the line of business. Anyway. A thought that struck me - and that I pondered on for quite a while, is that their are so many people that make excuses as to why they are not successful in life. Well....if only this happened........or if only this "would have happened." However, I have concluded that in order to be successful one must choose to be successful. You must push yourself to the limit, learn things that the average person wouldn't care to learn, socialize and network in places that others would not, and even view yourself in a way that others may not view you as. Now I'm not promoting self - Egoticsim (yes I made that up), but setting a higher standard for yourself and advancing toward a higher self - esteem, and self motivation. Once you began choosing success ......... it is a process......eventually you will experience success, beyond what you could ever imagine. Think about it.....Do you you think Oprah Winfrey as a child, thought that she would be "The Oprah Winfrey" that everyone knows and love? She chose success.........I have chosen success........Let's all choose success and live a life worth living!

AD copy.jpg

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Great topic! i agree with you. Success that just happens is called luck and you don't get any credit for it. You also don't get the sense of accomplishment like you do when you push yourself to higher levels and beyond your comfort zone. I do think that each person's definition of success can be very different so the first step would be to form a personal definition for success. Some people may find that their success is in family matters, others might find that they are successful in their religion or others may find material success as their definition.
  • Hello Joi,

Success is a very personal thing, but I think
    most people would agree that true success is
    about being fulfilled in life.

It's that feeling of deep satisfaction that starts
    in your soul and radiates through your being. The
    end result is happiness and peace of mind.

In this 3 minute inspirational movie, I'd like to
    share what success means to me. I invite you to sit
    back, turn up your speakers, and enjoy.

The Nature of Success

In Service,

Blackman
    Black Business Builder
    • Hi Stan,

I truely agree that success is personal and inward self satisfaction. I think a lot of people confuse success with wealth.
      However, there are a lot of wealthy - unsuccessful, and unfulfilled people out there. You hit the target right on. I am going to listen to the movie and then let you know what I think about it.
This reply was deleted.