What started as a college assignment over 15 years ago has turned into a dream come true for author Kevin Dove with the release of his children's book Sir Nick of Tyme (30 pp, perfect bound, $15.99).

Sir Nick of Tyme

White Plains, MD (PRWEB) February 17, 2008 -- "Sir Nick of Tyme" follows a young boy of African decent named Nick who is the son of a baker in the fictional English town of Tyme during the Middle Ages. Nick dreamed of one day growing up to become a knight. Instead, he was told to follow tradition. With humor, heartwarming characters and stunningly beautiful illustrations this story tells how Nick, despite all odds, reaches his dreams. Children will enjoy the characters and so will mom and dad making this a must read for all ages! This inspirational tale marks Dove's first venture into writing children's books. A talented author and award-winning broadcast designer Dove has always wanted a career that utilized his creativity. As the first-born son to an auto body mechanic many discouraged his interest in the arts for something believed to be more secure like a trade profession. But Dove had faith that somehow he could make it happen. From a pre-teen who self-produced stop motion animated Star Wars adventures in his bedroom to CEO, Dove's creativity has lead to numerous awards outside and through his company DigiGraph Media. Despite the challenges to finish "Sir Nick of Tyme", Dove is thrilled to have reached this special milestone. "This book has been a dream of mine for a long time," exclaimed Mr. Dove. "It began as a coloring book that I created for a class project at the Corcoran College of Art and Design in Washington, DC in 1992. A decade and a half of life occurred since that first draft. The story has been made richer as a result of my experiences. I've grown personally, professionally and spiritually. "Sir Nick" is a tale of divine vision, compassion, courage and triumph. It's a tale of perseverance and reward. It's a story that I could not have done as well fifteen years ago and I thank God for that because now I have something worth sharing." Dove looks forward to this being the first of an ongoing children's book series that will expand on other diverse and equally dynamic characters. Updates of future projects will be posted on the book's web site which includes a link to Tyme Merchant (www.tymemerchant.com), an on-line store featuring merchandise relating to the story and characters of "Sir Nick of Tyme". To place orders for the book or obtain more information about "Sir Nick of Tyme", visit www.sirnickoftyme.com. To arrange a book signing or interview call DigiGraph Media, LLC (301) 587-7092. ISBN: 1-4196-8285-7 Pages: 30 Price: $15.99 Publication Date: February 2008 Publisher: BookSurge Category/Genre: Children's/Young Adult, Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Picture Story Book, African-American About the Author: Kevin Dove, a graduate of the Corcoran College of Art and Design in Washington, DC, is now CEO/Creative Director and co-owner of DigiGraph Media in Silver Spring, Maryland, where he performs the duties of lead 2D/3D animator, compositor and editor and brings more than 20 years experience to his craft. Mr. Dove is a devoted husband and father of two daughters and has served as a deacon at Matthews Memorial Baptist Church in Washington, DC. He and his family currently reside in Southern Maryland. About DigiGraph Media: DigiGraph Media, LLC is a motion graphics design studio based in Silver Spring, MD. Founded by Kevin Dove and Vince Earland in February of 1998, DigiGraph Media has been providing creative design solutions for film, video, web and print. Services include 2D/3D animation, visual effects, conceptual illustration, storyboards and video editing. Visit DigiGraph at www.digigraphmedia.com or see their animation demo on YouTube.

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –