Men and Money

Are you having trouble managing your man and your business. I know many successful women, who are dynamic in the board room and have challenges in the bedroom. When your with your love one, are you thinking of the next "Big Idea". Are so you caught up with work that you rarely have time for play? Here are some pointers that will help you spruce up the fire with your partner. 1. Have a date night, pencil your man in like you would any other appointment. Leave extra time just in case your meeting runs over( if you know what i mean). 2. Plan something exciting with other couples. Hopefully you will see the other couple interacting and engaged in one another and will cause a spark in reunite. Let me know if you have something else that you have tried and worked for you. I hope this help, keep me posted. Kristy Johnson Shepreneur.com info@shepreneur.com Founder/CEO

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Ladies,

The issue of money is but one of many that need to be worked on in a relationship.

I posted the "Top Ten Things to Understand About Men".

Perhaps it will help, should you want to discuss these issues further.

In Service,

Blackman
    http://www.BlackBusinessAffiliate.com
    • Thank you Mr. Blackman (what an appropriate name! :-) We'll be sure to check that out!!!
  • I'm not married... yet, but I feel your pain!! Me and honey are about to embark upon one of our biggest adventures... building a business TOGETHER... and I know he feels sometimes that all I do is crank away at the computer... but we're in the building stages, you know? If we don't take care of the business, who will? So we sometimes have to sacrifice time now so we can have it later! I'm looking forward to quality moments with him, traveling to far away places. But we won't have that, if we don't sacrifice a little bit now...

Anyhoo, our quality time is spent watching movies at home or hanging with other couples, going bowling, golfing or something... I have a part-time job to help balance finances when business is low and I took off on his b-day to spend the whole day just catering to him to make him feel extra special. He said it was the best b-day he's ever had. Mission accomplished!!
    • YIKES... business together!!! GUUUUUUUUUUURL... get ur vaseline, sneakers and boxing gloves out! LOL Just joking... but it can be rough!!! My honey and I have 3 businesses between the two of us... The Event side of my business mixes with his production company and then I have my Spa & Gift side... for myself and he has his personal training for himself...and still... I can't tell you how HARD it is when we don't see eye to eye. Not saying that it can't be done... but no matter how great you guys are together... recognize that it will be a challenge... At the end of the day, I think it brings you closer!!!

My honey still doesn't get it that I have an internet based business... he thinks that because I'm home all day that I should be able to get EVERYTHING done and still be able to get my business done... I tell him to act like I work at a building downtown... because that's WHAT I do... I rarely go out of my office during the day...except for lunch break..(yeah, I have one of those)... or to run errands. Other than that, I'm chained to my work until it's time to pick up my daughter from school... AND THEN... comes the house. We do have "our" time when he gets home...most of the time, we chill out and watch movies.. or listen to music.

Great topic Kristy!
      -Charna
      www.MajestiqueEvents.com
      • Yes, girl... We're treading on shaky ground, huh?! We've been working together on our different business projects for years as friends and it just seems like the right direction to go in. Our businesses and our talents have always complimented each other so businesswise, I'm sure we'll be fine. He's a Publisher/Graphic Designer, I'm an Editor/Marketing Guru/Business Support pro so... we just have to make sure God is at the head in every aspect of our lives...

Personally... ehhhhh. When we have our lover's spats, it's sometimes hard to keep my wits about me and really focus so I gotta work on that... but the good thing is we don't stay upset with each other too long (he doesn't allow it!) and we have a good line of communication going so other than that, I think we'll be fine.

And on top of everything else, he's in Seminary... He better not mess up!!

I don't know... I feel another topic of discussion coming on... Couples in business together: the pros and cons... Any takers?
    • Thanks for sharing, I know there are other women who are in your shoes.

Best Wishes to you and yours

Kristy Johnson
      Shepreneur INC
  • Great post. My hubby generally jokes about my computer, calling it my 'other lover'. LOL It's really hard to keep the relationship thriving without sacrificing time on the business and vice/versa. Its sucks that men can be the CEO with 80 hour work weeks, and everyone still thinks of him as dear old dad. But women, we have to make sure the kids are okay, the house is in order, food is on the table, the man is sexually satisfied, AND THEN the business is big!

What a workload for women.
    -lh
    • Preach Girl,

That is a mouth full. I know your pain. My husband and I are in the same line of work. We have to fight extra hard to keep the romance going. Marriage all in it self can be challenging add a business on top of that woooooooooooo.

Thanks Lady for the feed back,

Kristy
This reply was deleted.