Merced Manning Black Business Mogul, Cosmetics Company President of b.l.a.c. minerals cosmetics : View more Successful Sista Profiles --------------- b.l.a.c. minerals is a mineral based makeup company created for women of color and ethnic backgrounds. URL: http://blacminerals.com Email: media@blacminerals.com Merced Manning's Bio: I started the company out of my personal frustration with not being able to find quality makeup that worked well with my skin color and type. With the new mineral makeup trend and my own health conscious attitude I began to look for companies that were all nautral and offered products that were right for me. When I could not find any I decided to create a line myself. b.l.a.c. minerals is a one of kind company that offers a great range of products that truly complement all women of color. A continuos goal and mission of our company is to become a major platform for promoting ethnic beauty and always providing products that address our needs and wants. Successful Sista Survey Success Stories and experiences of Business Women that we all can relate to and learn from. Did you always want to be a Business Woman? Yes , the thought of owning my own business and living my life the way I want to frequently crossed my mind. I just never knew how or when it would happen. How would you describe your experience as a Black Entrepreneur? Everything right now is new and fresh. Its exciting, exhilarating, frustrating, and nerve wrecking all at the same time. Looking back on your business decisions, is there anything that you would have done differently? Right now I am still learning the ins and outs of starting and running my own business. I have come across some minor pitfalls but I have learned to take a moment and think about what I am doing before jumping into to it. Its hard because at the start you have all this energy and just want to take over the world. Did you have any formal business training? Do you think this is important to be successful? No I did not. I read some books and did a lot of research on the internet. I don't think you need formal training to be successful. Owning your own business is a learning experience every day. You can't possibly know all you need to by taking a class or two. You can learn from anywhere and anyone. What funding sources have worked for you? I have a business credit card that works well for the stage I am at right now for my business. How has family/friend support financially or otherwise affected your business efforts? My family and friends have been great when it comes to encouragement and just letting me know that they are proud of what I am doing. It gives me added assurance that I am doing the right thing. How do you work on making your business grow? Currently I am trying to advertise and market directly to my customers. This means going to expos and trade shows where my target market will be ,as well as participating in different events and online sites such as this one. What words of wisdom can you share with other business women? Go for what you love and try to have a real purpose for starting a business or continuing in one other than to make money. You will find that it gives your life more meaning and keeps you going when times get a little rough and unpredictable.

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –