I'm looking to sale my home, for sale by owner, before I take my real estate exam within the next two months. I was wondering if any of you have a sample letter you'd be willing to share with me? I plan to include a copy of my flier w/the stats for my home and offer agents a 3% commission (about $6,000) for a one time showing to pre-approved buyers. I have a few sample letters, but nothing that really grabs my attention. Any suggestions appreciated!

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Kali. I am a Realtor in Houston, Texas and I was trying to see if I could help you out. Now where are you located? Looks like you are on the right track with the fliers and stats. Thats great! Usually if you need to sell your home you could just call an agency and get someone to come out and give you a listing presentation. You want to get a good feel for the person who will be selling your home. It is more like you interviewing them to make sure they are a perfect match for the job. I'll dig around and see what I can find for you and get back. Good luck on your exam!!!
    • Hi Renee,

I'm in Louisiana. I had a listing agent come out, but with the amount or mortgage I owe and the value of my home I just can't pay the 8% commission they're asking without being in the hole :-) That's why I decided to do a for sale by owner. I have a few letters people sent me. Once I compile bits and pieces of each I'll post to share with others. Thanks for offering to help and for the luck.
This reply was deleted.