Nirvana E. Edwards Senior Consultant Pure Romance by Nirvana View more Successful Sista Profiles --------------- "Find out why I've fallen in love with Pure Romance, call me to book a party, place an order, or to find out how to become a consultant!" URL: http://www.PRbyNirvana.com Successful Sista Survey Success Stories and experiences of Business Women that we all can relate to and learn from. Did you always want to be a Business Woman? Yes, and I always have been. I started my journey into entrepreneurship in 1988 in the 6th grade when I started making my own chocolate and selling it to classmates.Seeing my parents, daily, working so hard to make other people money inspired me to strive towards owning something of my own. How would you describe your experience as a Black Entrepreneur? To date, I have had mostly positive experiences. with the only exception being that I am one of a small amount of black women who are consultants for Pure Romance. I am currently in the process of changing this, while I am working hard to build my business, I am also helping other women of color start their own as well. Looking back on your business decisions, is there anything that you would have done differently? The only thing I wish I could change is that I had gone into business for myself earlier in life. Instead, I played it safe for far too long and now I am working twice as hard to achieve my goals in half the time. Sometimes I wonder if that time was wasted or was I just not prepared in every way at time to handle owning my own. Did you have any formal business training? Do you think this is important to be successful? I do not have any formal business training, my bachelor degree is in Psychology from Lincoln University of PA. I believe education, in general, is important but I don't believe that someone with formal business training can be any more successful than I can as long as I have the right work ethic and the willingness to listen to others with additional knowledge on certain subjects. What funding sources have worked for you? I used my own money to start my Pure Romance business. Since that time I have only used my profits to reinvest and I have one credit card that I keep for business emergencies. How has family/friend support financially or otherwise affected your business efforts? My friends support of my business has been invaluable, they were the first ones to host parties from me and from there I grew to the point where I currently have parties booked into August 2008. How do you work on making your business grow? (1) I set goals for myself each month, and I increase those goals whether I have achieved the prior months goals or not. The key, for me, is first deciding what I want to accomplish for the year and then break that down to monthly, weekly, daily and hourly goals. (2) I motivate and reward my team for a job well done! What words of wisdom can you share with other business women? My experience has taught me that the worst thing you can do is let other people negative attitude effect you or dictate any decisions that you make for your business. Follow your own instincts.

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –