Natasha Crawford Marriage Consultant Marriage Education, Marriage Enhancement View more Successful Sista Profiles --------------- "I help couples take a proactive approach to their marriage through premarital counseling and marriage education/planning before major life transitions. I work with couples prior to getting married, having their first child, starting a business, retiring, relocating, and any other major transition that could have an adverse effect on their relationship." URL: http://www.NatashaCrawford.com Natasha Crawford's Bio: Most couples therapists do reparative work; helping the couple after a crisis or as a last effort by the couple before divorce. After doing that type of work, Natasha Crawford decided to focus on preventive work. By helping to build and maintain a solid relationship foundation, many of the issues couples go to therapy for could be avoided. Natasha focuses on giving couples the tools needed to safeguard their marriage and plan for life’s transitions. A former educator and couple therapist, Natasha offers a unique blend of relationship education, counseling, planning and action. This is done through private couple sessions, small group workshops and large group presentations. Natasha currently works and lives in New York City. Successful Sista Survey Success Stories and experiences of Business Women that we all can relate to and learn from. Did you always want to be a Business Woman? No. My first career was teaching high school math. I knew I wouldn’t retire from that career, but had no clue as to what I would do next. When I went back to grad school for marriage & family therapy, I then decided that I wanted to, some day, have a private practice. It was only after working in a private practice that the idea of working for myself was confirmed. How would you describe your experience as a Black Entrepreneur? I’m still getting used to the word entrepreneur being a part of my identity. So, I guess the answer to the question is I would describe the experience as being eye-opening. Looking back on your business decisions, is there anything that you would have done differently? I would have done a bit more homework on what it actually took to start your own business. But then again, having all of that information may have overwhelmed me and stopped me from trying. The other is, I would have actively sought out more experienced entrepreneurs to learn from before taking the leap. Did you have any formal business training? Do you think this is important to be successful? I do not have any formal business training. I’m a former math teacher and trained therapist. I’ve never worked in a business/corporate environment. I think that it’s important that I surround myself with those who are experts in the fields that I am not (marketing, accounting, law, etc.) and learn from them. What funding sources have worked for you? I am currently working on getting funding. How has family/friend support financially or otherwise affected your business efforts? I have gotten tremendous emotional support from my family & friends. Some don’t quite get it, as I am the first one in my immediate family to take the entrepreneur route. My brother/roommate has also been a great financial supporter of my efforts. It wouldn’t be possible without that. Some days it’s their belief in my success that keeps me going. How do you work on making your business grow? I have been networking, networking, networking. I also plan to attend a few bridal shows in the near future. What words of wisdom can you share with other business women? I would tell other female entrepreneurs the same thing I tell clients. It is really important that you have some type of support system in place – family, friends, co-workers, online communities, whatever. Being in business for yourself is difficult and having people in your corner, cheering you on is, in my opinion, imperative. The other bit of wisdom is one I’m currently working on. Seek out mentors. Learn from the best. There’s no need to recreate the wheel.

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –