Tracey Manon Virtual Assistant/Actress/Awesome Mom Entrepreneur View more Successful Sista Profiles --------------- "Virtual Assistant, Actress, and Awesome Mom ( name given by my 7 year old daughter)" URL: www.traceysvirtualassistance.wordpress.com URL: www.singlemomliving.blogspot.com Tracey Manon's Bio: Tracey Manon is a single mom, who decided to stay home, have a career, and home school her daughter. Because of this decision, she decided to find a way to have a career and be there to raise her daughter. The Internet was a Godsend for her. She decided that she wanted to afford herself the same opportunity that other mothers had, who were able to stay home and raise their children. She became determined to do it. She decided that being a virtual assistant would allow me to contribute and assist others and give me the flexibility to work from home and be there for my daughter. She also decided to start a blog for single moms to share my story , my life and hope. She had felt alone at times, and wanted other moms to know that they were not alone. "Both of my parents have passed on and I do not have a large extended family." Successful Sista Survey Success Stories and experiences of Business Women that we all can relate to and learn from. Did you always want to be a Business Woman? I have always wanted to work for myself. Being my own boss is phenomenal. I remember my mother telling me I was like my grandmother and born to have my own business. How would you describe your experience as a Black Entrepreneur? Never giving up comes to mind. There have been days when I wanted to throw in the towel and then I realize I made a choice and failure is not an option. The quote from Anais Nin: And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Looking back on your business decisions, is there anything that you would have done differently? Yes, I would have done it sooner and I would have asked for support sooner. Did you have any formal business training? Do you think this is important to be successful? I do not have formal business training, My training is what I have received from college, being a mom, and life experiences, along with my desire to live my dream and live life on my own terms. I think business training is important but I also think taking a leap of faith and a never give up attitude can take you a long way. What funding sources have worked for you? My personal cash has funded this business and career. How do you work on making your business grow? Networking, Social Media Sites like Face book , Twitter, Online Forums. I am in the process of really getting the word out in my niche now. What words of wisdom can you share with other business women? Trust Yourself and whatever spiritual base you have. I rely on prayer, positive attitude , visioning, speaking my truth and surrounding myself with positive people.

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Tracey,
    Do you currently or have you ever advertised your business via television? I work in advertising/marketing for The Leslie Taylor Hare Show and would love to discuss having you on the show. I enjoy reading about your testimony. You have a beautiful smile that looks like it would light up the studio if the power went out!:) and I am very excited about what I do as well! Please email me at tyra.advertising@leslietaylorhare.com and I would be happy to send you an advertising packet. Thank you for your time and have an incredible evening!!

Tyra
  • Hello Tracey,

I would like to follow you on twitter. What's your id? Or here's mine - http://twitter.com/carmennc

Take care,
    Carmen
  • Thank you for this inspirational , i truly thank you for these words of encouragement, I am in business and at times I get frustrated and the only thing keeps me going is my prayers and keeping the faith thanks so much .
This reply was deleted.