Dear Fellow BBWO Sisters and Gents! As the Founder and CEO of Envi Consulting & Associates, I live wholeheartedly through our philanthropic mission of giving back to our community....one Event at a time! The bulk of the events that Envi Consulting & Associates hosts are all supporting a charitable organization in our local, national, and international communities, that focuses on the event that we are hosting at that time. In order to make this venture a huge success, we need support from other organizations, patrons, and of course venues! Has anyone had any experience with writing sponsorship letters, either for venues or in kind donations? We would really like your responses and feedback. Eventfully Yours, Morgan N. Scott Chief Executive Officer Envi Consulting & Associates 678-558-6052 Visit us on the web at http://www.enviconsulting.com and http://enviconsulting.blogspot.com

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Morgan,

I have a sponsership letter that I use for my church. We send them out once a year and they work fine. If you want me to I can sent you a skelton copy.
  • Wow, this is exactly the same question I need answered for a charity fashion/talent show we're planning for next spring. Glad to see such great advice. Thanks ladies!
  • Hey Morgan,

As a parent, I work with schools a lot and have also been PTSA President. I come across requests for sponsorship quite often. While working with Osei (V-103), I assisted KIPP WAYS in raising funds for sending their founding class to Ghana, and Delta came forward and donated their tickets.

I'm big on using the "tear jerker factor" and on timing requests so that they fall in line with a potential sponsors' end and beginning of their fiscal year. Depending on the sponsors you are targeting, you may need to add to or change up pieces of your media kit so that it makes sense to them.

I find that most companies are more than happy to sponsor events, not just to be a good corporate citizen, but for the tax benefits as well.

I'd be more than happy to help you if you'd like.

Rikki
    • Rikki,

Thank you so much! I'd LOVE your help. I think what I have created is an "ok" package, but could possibly need some work. But, for a first one...I think its good. Also, I have no clue as to who to solicit from? We'll talk soon but I'm going to attach the file on here so you and anybody else can take a stab at it.

Morgan

Sheer Elegance Sponsorship Kit.pdf

• Hi Tiffany -

I have developed a Media Kit for Sponsorship as well as for vendors. When I send it out, I also attach the Media Kit for the I Do Foundation. This is my first time creating something of this nature, so I'm not sure if I did it correctly. Could I send it to you and you tell me what you think? I also have some other business ventures in the works, could I connect with you sometime soon?

Thanks so much!

Morgan
This reply was deleted.