As the Black Business Women Network reaches the 2500 member mark, quickly growing in size, it is clear to me that it will become harder to maintain the quality and genuine networking that takes place here on my own. It is for that reason that I want to begin highlighting all activities that violate the BBWO Terms of Service, which if ignored will result in being banned from the network. Now I know that banning is an ugly word that no one wants to talk about, especially in the midst of so much BBWO positivity. But if we are to create a space unlike many others that truly exemplifies Online Networking at it's best, we must maintain certain standards in doing so. That being said, I want to begin regularly highlighting any activities on BBWO which I feel violate those standards and request that if you see something or have questions about what you are doing, please share them here. The goal is to allow you, the members to help me better define those activities which we are agree: 1) Everyone Should Do 2) Everyone Can Do in Moderation 3) No One Should Consider doing on BBWO Though I encourage you all to submit your questions and guidelines suggestions here, let me be clear that if I say something is a violation of the Group TOS, as a member you must respect that. With all respect to you, if you are participating in activity that is a violation of the group guidelines you will be notified with a warning. If you fail to acknowledge that warning, you will be banned. 1,2, no 3. BBWO Admin, LHenry

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't see my ads in the forum, were they all removed? Why was not one reserved?
    • I removed them as they were duplicated in every category, you can add one post. No duplicates.
      • So, the solution to duplicate ads is to remove ALL duplicate ads? Why not leave one posted?
  • On the topic of Forum Posts
    BBWO has several topic specific forums with new categories being created on a regular basis. That being said, no one should:

1) Duplicate posts in one or multiple forum categories. The categories are specific enough that you either post relevant topics in that category or use the general category 'Sistas Connect'. You can even suggest a new category if you feel it is needed.

2) You can use caplock on forum titles in moderation. The key is not to draw readers in by being loud, focus on writing content that members actually want to read.

3) Though we are all here to promote ourselves, I encourage you to limit your Affiliate Program posts to your blog and not in the forum. Now you all know what I'm talking about, those GREAT new websites that offer easy jobs, fast cash, or opportunities that everyone CAN'T seem to find anywhere else. I know what these posts look like, we all do. Your link urls with clear affiliate reference codes, indicating you get paid for each click are a clear giveaway. If you want to post on your blog, you are free to do so, because then it's up to you to be more active on the group and creatively (NOT AGGRESSIVELY) get members to visit your page. As far as the discussion forum, these posts never foster anytime of real discussion nor do they add quality information to the group at large.

4) Now don't get my previous statement confused. If you have an affiliate program for your business like Itiel's Smell Goods '98 or if you are interested in recruiting members for your franchise like Nirvana on 'Pure Romance' feel free to share your resource on the forum. But if you are just cut and pasting a generic promotion on to the forum, do not.

The goal is to create posts and discussions that are genuine, real, and of quality.
    • I think you are not specific enough. Give "numbers" for example: how many post can we put in a forum? What if we are running a promotion, are you saying we can only post in category, our blog, our webpage? Can you just elaborate?
      • Members are free to post as many forum discussion as they want, that's not an issue. The issue is posting the same post duplicate times. My goal is not to censor members, BBWO was created for you to promote your business. What I hope to better define here, with the help of member feedback is:

1) What types of content are acceptable on BBWO?
        2) What promotional practices are acceptable?

More insight on this to come, until then continue to refer back to this discussion if you have any questions and also use your best judgment when adding content to BBWO.
This reply was deleted.