My Biz 2011

The Sky is the limit!

Ladies, we have a goal to see all of you own your own business in
2011. What have you started to do to accomplish this and what do
you need me to do to help you make this happen? Remember, you can
only achieve if you actually believe. We will be chatting here on
the basics of owning and starting your small business. Let’s get it
started ladies. Now is the time!
• What types of business are you interested in starting?
• Do you know where to start?
• Do you have a website?
• Do you know how to market your business?

Below are just a few businesses that you can start from your home

1. Event Planning
  2. Tutoring
  3. Consultant
  4. Professional Organizer

If you are already in business, what feedback do you have to offer someone who is just starting out?

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Great feedback. Thank you.
  • Thanks for tweeting this Lashanda.

I'm always talking about understanding your GOAL or purpose. I like your point lh on starting with passion but making sure it has profit potential. I would say to someone just starting out to really take the time to journal and write about what your TRUE goals are what are your TRUE passions. For my I thought my passion was accounting but it's not my passion is creativity therefore I can pour my passion into just about any business venture that allows me to use my creativity, yes including Accounting!

1. Be HONEST about your true passions and your ultimate goal.
    2. Understand the difference between creating multiple streams of income as self-employed and actually being an entrepreneur save yourself some frustration.
    3. Remember the Sky is NOT the limit, you can truly think outside the box and take existing ideas and add a twist to make it new.
    4.WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY, ALL YOU HAVE IS TIME! Don't wait until you can get a bank loan, or put your dreams on hold until the perfect time. Be creative, there are low cost ways to start your business for less than $2000, $1000, or $500 or less.

A couple articles and resources

1. Bookkeeping information
    2. Entrepreneurship Information
  • Great post.

I have a few Startup Tips:
    1. Focus on a passion that can actually generate profit for you. Some times people poor all their energy into a passion but it has no profit potential. You have to pick wisely.

2. If you are going to get into MLM Marketing or something along those lines, know that it is going to require as much work as any other business. It isn't easy, but if you invest time into learning how to be a successful marketer it can work.

3. Start ups do not pay up right away. Don't expect to start a business today and make a full time income tomorrow. That misconception is what often leads many newbies to rush their ventures, get frustrated quickly, and give up before they reach their goal.

LaShanda Henry

Resources for newbies: Startup Sista eCourse & Sistas Who Sell 7 Day Challenge
This reply was deleted.