Hello BBWO:

Revamping the website design was just the first step. I am in the process of creating the BBWO 2010 Agenda... I want our network to make an impact on more women entrepreneurs of color ... I want you to feel like this space is truly a place to be motivated, informed, and make connections.

Leave a comment: Share your thoughts on what BBWO should have and become for the future. If you are reading this note via email click here to post a comment.

One more thing: I love the new burst of energy on the network, but I feel you are still not as active as you should be. While we are here  to promote ourselves, we are also here to exchange ideas and make connections.

When was the last time you answered a question in the forum or sparked conversation? Always remember that social networking is about building relationships and that needs to happen everyday. Join the BBWO conversation in our forums and on facebook.

Related post: LaShanda Henry Talks Social Networking in Essence Magazine

More to come! LaShanda Henry | @sistasense

p.s. Andrea just posted a blogging question on my facebook page: click to read my blogging tips ... http://is.gd/b8xqW

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you for the opportunity to give you feedback.
    As far as what BBWO should have - what don't you already have? Personally I have found resources on this network for every question I've had, every challenge I've had to deal with, as well as resources that were like AHA's to me. I think in the future contest might help to motivate people. e.g. Who ever encourages the most people to join in a specific time frame gets a prize. I think a BBWO state to state tour would be awsome too. You can get people involved by appointing a group of delegates in each state .. . .

I attempted to spark a conversation about 5 days ago, and I retweet on twitter and repost on facebook at least once a week.
  • Hi LaShanda,

Thank you for this forum. I truly appreciate the sharing of ideas and being connected with so many other women in business. I attended the live chat session last night and it was great. I also agree with some of the other posts that we should have these at least once a week.

I also belong to many other sites and often find myself stretched thin in the time it takes to maintain them all. I think this is a great forum and I am committed to being more involved in discussions and forums.

Stacey McSwine
    The Mommy Resource Network
    www.mommyresourcenetwork.com
  • Well Lashanda, I wanna thank you for this site. It has given me some great tools and also great guest for my online radio community that I'm trying to build. I really dont post much only because I really dont think that I have much to say about what it is that folks do. I belong to over 50 ning sites, facebook, twitter, and a swoo of other network sites. I dont know maybe I need to refocus but personally i just dont feel that I can bring much to the table. I try to show support and hope in turn it will be reciprocated but mostly Im still tryin to find my voice. Anywho this is a great tool and format for those who are just seeking good knowledge thank you much.
    • Hi LaKrush
      I believe you have a lot more to contribute than you realize. Personally, I believe that every time we bring our authentic self to the table, someone is better for it. I believe in divine order. And, I believe that as long as we have a dream or a goal that we are trying to achieve - that is a monumental story in itself.

Peace Sis.
  • Thanks for the reminder. I think that it's very important that we continue to keep this community live and strong. I, for one, am guilty of not spending enough time here - networking, reading and engaging in what others are doing OR promoting my own writing as I continue my writing goals.
  • LaShanda, you have done good by establishing this website. Facebook and other social networking sites are also good but frankly, women looking for true connections to motivate them to start or increase their businesses would be doing good for themselves by staying connected to BBWO, Sista Sense and many of LaShanda's other wonderful web sites and affiliated sites.

I joined BBWO since January 2010 and I am proud to say that I have learned a lot from LaShanda's books and tutorials - especially her WebTech Gurl video tutorials and the Startup Sista Kit for beginners. These tools have been very inspiring and have kept me focused on reaching my goal.

I do not make lots of comments on BBWO but I felt compelled to mention my experience with the learning tools when I saw LaShanda's email encouraging members to share their stories and stay connected. Only a really focused mind, interacting with the right group of persons and a committed mentor and coach can truly succeed in starting and operating a business.

Thanks to LaShanda and to all the wonderful sistas of BBWO, to our success!

All the best,

Musu
  • LaShanda,

You're doing a great job. I want to make you aware of an opportunity. My team and I looked at what you're doing, what we're doing and how working together could take you and your members to the next level faster and cheaper. PLEASE CALL ME on 248-625-2865 or leave me a contact number and I'll call you. I'd like to do a high level business webinar with you, the CEO of the African American Connection and our Technical Director so that you can see for yourself what we see. It will take about an hour. YOU TRULY OWE IT TO YOURSELF.

Warmest regards,

LaVerne G. Eubanks
    Income Concepts, LLC
    248-625-2865
    http://www.aaconnection.com/ic Web page
    incomeconcepts123@gmail.com e-mail
  • Greetings LaShanda,
    Tracy mentioned social-networking burnout in the post below. This is something I have been thinking a lot about myself. With so many networks popping up everyday, it becomes pretty demanding to keep "fresh" so to speak, and I am someone who is a contributor, not just a voyeur.

Managing my online time against "real world" time is a challenge. I wonder about the average user who is not looking to promote a business or themselves--how likely are they going to be consistently active when their motivation for participation may shift day to day.

Coming up with ways to keep members regularly interacting with each other is something I'm focusing on as I develop some network sites on my end. Honestly, virtual friendships are cool but being able to connect in real life is better. What about BBWO local mixers, where members in a given city actually meet in person, for business or for plain ol' fun? That's one solution I'm implementing for one of my client's company and they are really excited about the ideas I have for them.

So my suggestion is to host BBWO mixers in the cities that have large memberships, where the idea of belonging to a network can actualize into a real memorable experience in person. I bet that would make people engage with each other a whole bunch more because they will have met and will feel like they are really apart of something exclusive.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on this.
    Until next time,
    ~Jocelyn M. Goode
    J.Goode Creative
    Integrated Branding+Graphic Design
    www.jgoodecreative.com
    http://urfaim.blogspot.com
  • Thank you for this site for women of color business owners to talk and solve some problems. I am in the same situation of belonging to many networking clubs. We should at least chat once a week.
    • I love the weekly chat idea. I think its a great way to stay connected.
This reply was deleted.