10,000 Black Business Women On Twitter

I am working on a new project: building a list of 10,000+ Black Business Women on twitter. To get on my list follow @blackbizwomen and please RT to the sistas in your circle to keep the connections growing!

I originally attempted this project as a sistasense twitter list of black business women,which worked out great until I realized twitter lists max out at 500 ... so creating the @blackbizwomen turned out to be the best way to start this project.

Anyhoo, I'm sure you know this already but here's the thing ... I'm a black entrepreneur with a very strong interest in seeing other black business owners come together and build our own thriving networks. And yesterday, smack dad in the middle of eating hot wings (yes I'm telling you what I was eating) ... I got this idea .... wouldn't it be great to connect as many black business women as I could using the most widely used social medium today .... twitter. Forgive me, I just did a post on 21 Twitter Tips, so it's on my brain.

Anyway, with that light bulb thought I am now challenging myself to create a list of 10,000 Black Business Women on twitter and I need your help to do it. I think this is going to be a great opportunity to showcase other women entrepreneurs of color, help them discover other fabulous business women, and build the black business buzz online.

Here is a link to the original list: Black Business Women on Twitter and the new list via @blackbizwomen. We all need to showcase our businesses and continue to make connections, so I'm excited to see what becomes of this new project. What can I say, I like to create these fabulous lists of black business owners. It all started when I created the Sistas Making Money page on myspace a few years ago. Once that took off I stepped up my game and created Black Business Women Online. BBWO is one of my social networks on Ning.com, which now has over 7,500 members!

I'm off to add new women entrepreneurs to my new twitter list. If you are one of them, remember to get on the list just follow @blackbizwomen. To the first 10,000 and beyond!

LaShanda Henry @sistasense

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi LaShanda,

I'm now following both your twitter handles. Also, I will be answering Year End Tax Questions Answered on Twitter during the #SmallBizChat show on Wednesday Dec 8th at 8pm EST

I'm the CEO of Wealth Building CPA, which is a complete accounting and financial team. Follow us @WBCPA

Details:
    http://www.wealthbuildingcpa.com/wbcpa-blog/year-end-tax-questions-...

Ebere Okoye, CPA, MBA
    Wealth Building CPA - "more than just taxes"
    Work: 301.830.6830 | Fax: 866.466.3146
    http://www.WealthBuildingCPA.com
    Email: info@WealthBuildingCPA.com
    Twitter: www.Twitter.com/WBCPA
    FaceBook: www.Facebook.com/WealthBuildingCPA
    Linkedin:www.Linkedin.com/in/wealthbuildingcpa
  • i'm following, this is exciting!

~b~
    twitter @naughteebits
    http://naughteebits.blogspot.com/
  • Yes I am on twitter @missshanda1
  • Hi LaShanda,

I am definitely following you on Twitter.

Tangela Walker-Craft, President
    Simply Necessary, Incorporated
    http://www.simplynecessary.com/
    Twitter: @TangelaWCraft
  • Oh wow this is good! I just followed you @cardsendingsis
  • I followed you! This is a great project!
  • Hi, Lashanda
    My company actually had a twitter account. In the beginning it was ok, with invites for "followers" here and there. But then it just reached a peak and then every blue moon I would get invites from people with "no faces" (no image, except the twitter bird). Their accounts would have about a hundred or so and more people that they were following with little to no one following them. After reading your post about twitter, I may want to return to twitter but I don't know if its worth the time. To me it seems one sided in that, I can follow other people but they don't necessarily have to follow me (which is frustrating because my accounts on other networks don't work that way). Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Jessica J.
    Co-Owner/Marketing Director
    www.uniquic.com
    www.unonline.spruz.com
  • I AM ONE OF THOSE WOMEN. TWITTER IS A GODMINE FOR THE BUSINESS PERSON. IT OPENS UP TO SO MANY PAOPLE ALL AROUND THE WORLD.
  • Excellent idea LaShanda!
  • Peace and blessings Diva. Thanks for the info about your goal. I did sign up to follow you on twitter; please follow me back. I would like to know how to get a copy of your list; short of individually messaging everyone of your tweets individually.

Would you be willing to send a blanket message to your tweeples for me? My niche is sewing and crafting....
This reply was deleted.