Replies

• On a different note.....

This is a great post, which is why I have decided to feature it on 'The Business', a digital magazine featuring the best Small Business discussions and material on the BBWO Network. This is a new feature, so it is still being customized and I would love your feedback. Feel free to add comments on 'The Business' page. I've been wanting to set this up for a while now, especially after reading the responses I got from my post 'Putting the Business Back in BBWO.' As our community gets bigger, it is becoming a SPAM magnet, and I want to ensure that does not happen. We are experts in our own right with tons of info and experiences to share, which is what I want BBWO to continue to be about. If you feel as I do, great! Continue writing these wonderful posts and I will do all that I can to promote you and your business.

Quick tip: If you haven't already done so, feel free to include your web banner or business details at the bottom of this post. I hope that with the new Magazine page, more traffic will be directed to your way!

Take Care,
    LaShanda

.... keep sharing ladies for the interrupt
  • Doing whatever it took to develop my business dream, into a reality. I just keep pushing the envelope, look for the opportunities in everything. Staying focus even with two young children at the time. Everyday you reaffirm your belief and your goals within yourself. So after 13 years in business and growing each day, now! I walk with GOD.
  • Great post...

My valuable learning experience- "getting deposits". I have found that people will let you work your behind off and then decide when they want to pay you. Wrong! Get deposits...

Sharvette
    www.Mitchell-Productions.com
    • I love it. Thanks
  • One valuable tip that I would share with other business owners just starting out in network marketing, keep your personal and business relationship separate. This was a great lesson learn for me.

Peace
    Carla
    • Now that is a good one. Very very valid point. However, it can work sometimes. Yet, it can be very sticky too. If can be avoided probably best idea. Now on other hand, I have to say when I did work with my husband our working relationship was excellent. I think with married couples it's easier if you are equally yoked. In my case the problem didn't come in that area.

I guess the thing for anyone to do is have major conversations about expectations beforehand. Talk it over thoroughly. Make sure you are on same page. But, be real careful and be sure to consider how you feel if you go in business and then relationship ends and you still work together. As women, we are emotional and that isn't always easy to cope with watching them with someone else when your relationship ceases. This can cause a major distraction in the business.
  • Getting past my initial fears - cleaning off my mental plate and just getting the business up and running! I have been a professor of psychology for many years and what I found is that as a college professor - you are the captain of your own ship everyday so working for somebody else made me cringe. I have great marketing skills and who better to market my skills than me? I decided that if I were going to sell a product or service - it would be my own. I'm having a great time so far - loving it all. The networking has been great - I'm learning a lot!!!

C Stoney
    www.stoneytherapy.com
    Transitional Life Center (TLC)
    • Getting past initial fears. Amen to that. We all have to get over that hump. And, in doing so we wind up juggling our job until we can fully release it. I do understand. The main thing is understanding we do have to steer the ship. No auto pilot. When you in business for self. You must show up to work!!!!! Thanks for sharing. Be blessed and safe.
  • My most valueable experience was not having sufficient cashflow for my businesses - in other words not planning sufficiently. Overspending is another lesson I learned. One should start off being creative as far as business expenses and overhead is concerned. I would also suggest having customers in place before taking the plunge. It's even a great idea when looking for funding if you have customers already in place. Also not trying to be a one-woman show. Asking for and seeking help. There is a lot of inexpensive help available. Interns, students, family. I could go on and on but I have run.
    • Very good advice. Plan ahead and have th money . Spend wisely. Yes. And most importantly keeping the personal and business budget seperate. Businesses go under mixing the two. Then using interns and not trying to do everything. I had very good experience with the local college students Thanks for sharing. When you get a minute, feel free to come back and tell us the rest. Also, please take a minute and check out my other discussions and share. Be blessed.
This reply was deleted.