Greetings SisterFriends: I'm writing to invite you all to visit SisterSpeak Online Magazine where Black women's voices take center stage! Please check out SisterSpeak Online's latest e-blast. Use the link below: http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs047/1101349416124/archive/1102147057116.html Check out our special health features which we add to monthly: http://www.sisterspeakonline.com/SisterSpeakOnlineHealthSpecial.asp Also, please take a moment to sign up for our free e-newsletter using the following link: http://visitor.constantcontact.com/optin.jsp?v=001_D6q8SmIH1pnjcD5Zd0rzoevEB7oyLxM You won't want to miss our feature interviews coming up in July...you won't believe who we'll be talking to! Notables in Business, Entertainment & Beauty Industries! Sign up today so you don't miss it! Lisa Founder & Editor-in-Chief SisterSpeak Online Magazine Information. Inspiration. Empowerment. www.sisterspeakonline.com

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello All,

You definitely want to joing SisterSpeak. I doubt very seriously that you'll find too many black women that are as passionate about black synergy as Lisa is (well, besides LaShanda and myself- giggle). I'm a member of SisterSpeak and really enjoy the articles, ladies and "spirit" there.
  • I am attaching my resume I am looking for a job Ladies if you know of anyone hiring please let me know.

Peace and Blessings

Vernessa R. Blackwell

SUMMARY: Over fifteen years of proven ability and experience in handling multiple projects and meeting critical deadlines in an administrative capacity, including meetings planning, database human resource management, and customer service. I am a Licensed Loan Originator and Notary for Prince Georges County.

WORK EXPERIENCE
    Option 1st Financial LLC Waldorf, Md
    Loan Originator 09/07- Present
    • Reviewing loan closing and funding activities.
    • Developing new business.
    • Constructing loan package, loan structure, costs and fees, loan repayment options and terms.
    • Verifying information on the loan agreement.
    • Suggesting credit limitations to bank management.
    • Contacting banks, credit-reporting firms, sales departments and other areas to obtain credit information. .
    • Compiling results and preparing reports for customers.
    • Approving loans for home loans, FHA, VA or Conventional loans.
    • Examining and maintaining the credit history of customer companies.
    • Interviewing consumer loan applicants and researching credit histories.
    • Constructing loan package and structure, costs and fees, and repayment options and terms.
    • Licensed as a Notary for Prince Georges County
    Defense Finance and Accounting Service Arlington, VA
    Executive Support Assistant and Duty Driver 08/05 – 09/07
     Assist Deputy and Director with administrative assignments
     Manage daily calendar for supervisor
     Coordinate division-wide administrative functions and serve as primary point of contact
     Post, update and maintain Division tracking rosters
     Schedule appointments
     Maintain transportation requirements for the Deputy
     Contact person for vehicle movement/dispatch concerns
     Create and monitor reports based on vehicle movement
     Maintain and monitor electronic email system
     Manage and maintain IMPAC card purchases
     Tracked, analyzed and approved bankcard expenditures to ensure efficiency
     Managed financial accounts and reconcile monthly
     Liaison for account disputes and discrepancies as well as equipment status
     Coordinated administrative and logistical activities
     Serve as alternating contracting officer (ACOR)

DC Army National Guard Washington, DC
    Personnel Service Sergeant 07/04 – 08/05
     Coordinated all administrative and logistical activities
     Reviewed all incoming personnel actions for the entire DCARNG enlisted population
     Processed and verified all personnel eligibility for promotion, discharge or transfer order
     Maintained electronic information for issuing identification cards to soldiers and their family members
     Ensured automated orders were published in a timely manner
     Instrumental in the creation of internal standard operating procedures for the DCARNG
     Performed specialized duties pertaining to personnel procedures and record keeping
     Provided information and service over the counter and via telephone
     Assemble drafts of proposed policies or programs for review by Personnel Director
     Maintained updated and reviewed personnel records for completeness or deficiencies

Vernessa Blackwell
    Page 2

DC Army National Guard Washington, DC
    Human Resources Assistant 10/02 – 08/05
     Managed and supervised DC Chief Personnel Services Branch
     Maintained statistical and demographic information on service members
     Prepared and maintained DA strength monthly accounting reports for military and civilians
     Maintained exclusive control of the chief’s calendar
     Arranged appointments and meetings without supervisor specific approval
     Coordinated, scheduled, tracked all conferences, workshop, travel, training events
     Managed and supervised registration process
     Tracked progress and compliance information
     Point of contact for daily/weekly personnel member status
     Controlled suspense logs and request’
     Streamlined and coordinated logistical processes for workshops, meetings and events
     Organized and supervised registration and event set-up
     Reviewed, compiled workshop evaluations and performed follow-up activities.

Personnel Administrative NCO, Iraq
    Operation Iraqi Freedom 03/03 – 07/04
     Provided administrative support services for a transportation company
     Conducted meeting scheduling, writing of agendas and minutes
     Typed various reports, regulations, orders, reports, regulations, forms, directives and SOPs
     Prepared and maintained a functional filing system
     Prepared files and labels, guides and filed documents as needed
     Maintained the appropriated stock levels of forms and paper and other materials as required
     Maintained and submitted required and personnel and updates for the 121 personnel assigned
     POC for all office equipment and building services

District of Columbia National Guard Washington, DC
    Executive Administrative Assistant to the Commanding General
     Performed executive administrative assistant within a Army Major Command Group
     Maintained and managed calendars for three senior officials to include
     Maintained appointments, meetings and conferences
     Prepared and coordinated travel arrangements, orders and vouchers to include international travel
     Prepared, proofread and routed correspondence through office of the commanding genera
     Responsible for creating graphs, charts to brief senior leaders in weekly and quarterly meetings
     Liaison to the protocol officer and arranged all official and unofficial events
     Organized professional development seminars, meetings and briefings and teleconferences
     Instrumental in disseminating information to update other divisions
     Provided administrative support and assistance to other staff sections within the command
     Supervised one junior soldier within the command.

Education
    Technical School, Defense Acquisition University Fort Belvoir, Virginia, Degree: Level 1 Certification – Major: Program Management, College, Strayer University, Camp Springs, MD; Degree: Bachelors of Science in Computer Networking

COMPUTER SKILLS
    Windows XP, MS Office 2003: Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Lotus 123, Contingency Planning Group,
    Databasing, Harvard Graphics, Publisher, Printshop

PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS:
    Long and Foster Real Estate Academy 60 hours
    Anchor Renaissance Mortgage Institute 40 hours
    Contracting Officer Representative Course, Arlington, VA

**Licensed Notary Public in Prince Georges County
    **Licensed Loan Originator in Prince Georges County
    • Please post this in a more appropriate area. Stay to the topic when responding to discussions.
    • Greetings Vernessa,
      Please visit my job board at www.mosaicblueprint-jobs.info there are several jobs there that may fit what you're looking for and new positions are listed weekly. I specialize in diversity recruiting so come on aboard.

Deena
      www.mosaicblueprint.com
  • This is a great site ladies, definitely check it out! -lh
This reply was deleted.