Creating Cash flow

As a small business owner I sometimes find it hard to make ends meet while following my dreams. I've had an idea to create cash flow within networking groups such as this one. I need some ideas and thoughts on how to implement this plan. My idea is to transfer one dollar from members to a selected member on a daily, weekly or monthly rotation. I believe that doing this would be an added incentive for membership and a little help that we all sometimes need. It is assumed that owning and operating a business makes you instantly rich. However we all know how hard it can get. It is my passion for what I do that drives my ambition and I'm truely enjoying the ride. I love being able to work from home and be more involved raising my children. I'm much happier than I have been at any "job". I know you ladies understand. Please share your opinions Shawnta Porter www.Fitzcouture.com Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Not yet sis, In the planning and working stages of Fitzcouture's private label. Then I will be hitting the pavement...hard!

Got a plan in the making see...
  • Thanks for the reply. I really applaude your efforts in picking up the pieces and keeping it moving. I will definately check out the information you provided.
    It's definately about using ALL of your resources and talents.
  • Yes ms porter, I agree with you that we must create additional cash flow while building our dreambusiness.
    I myself am a part-time work at home mom of 4 children under the age of 18. I have recently began to think outside of the box
    when it came to this matter. What other skills do you have? Can you bake, can your sew, can you sell. The reason I ask these ?'s
    is because I was recently faced with the dilema of losing my car and not having adequate transportation to work, so I worked out a deal with my fionce to get me to work on the weekends and I contracted with a non profit agency to solicit donations at home on the weekdays and it is working for me so far. I have also contacted many legitmate work at home companies, such as arise.com, telereach.com, artisan.com, teamdoubleclick.com and a host of others. They are responding to me very well. The key is to build multiple streams of income. Also, checkout allbussiness.com. This is a blog website with a wealth of business topics to help with your income stream. Also, it sounds like your business is in the fashion industry, how about contacting your child's school or a community center and hosting a fashion show giving a percentage back. This will also put your business name out in the community.
    Getting back to your idea, It sounds good. I'd say give it a try.
  • This is what I was talking about! Thanks sis!
  • Join aasap.org and get some insight on how to do this. Also I'd like to add that being a small business owner you'll probably benefit from two links listed below:

Free business tools and training; http://www.ezinfocenter.com/3779549/free
    Generate over $100k in 60 days giving away a valuable product: http:www.thepowerof10.ws/?thepowerof10=9774. Sign up for free.
  • Cool Beans!!
    Thanks for the info! God is working! I knew Cali was expensive, but that short of a drive is cool. Like here to Chi, which I make about 4 or 5 times a year.

I'm looking for a change of scenery, pace , a better life for myself and my family. Black , white, hispanic, green, blue, or purple! LOL! It's all good to me!
    I did some research and the average incomes on the low end of the spectrum are much much higher than here. I know I can make it!

Hey I should start a relocation discussion
    ttys MUAH!
    • A change of scenery is always good, I've been traveling sine 86 :) and I can honestly say it's been so exciting, I know folks from every walk of life, grea connects as well, or girl, a flight to L.A or Vegas from Arizona is 45 min - 1.5 hrs, so you're good either way, in L. A you can get some amazing deals on your kinda gear, and Arizona like Vegas, is so beautiful, so much to do, fabulous weather all yr around is the bonus :) I luv it !!! feel free to email me personally @ royaltinteriors@yahoo.com... peace
  • I will definately let you know . Yes I'd thought about Arizona, but more recently I'm been thinking about California. It's really tuff here in Michigan economy wise. And the mentality and attitudes are another conversation! lol!
    • Yes sista I understand, definatley we have to keep ourselves around positve folks tht's doing what we're doing, making things happen !!! Arizona is fabulous !!, I go there a few times a yr, it's only 4.5 hrs from Vegas, driving tht is, and about 5 hrs driving from L.A, so you can't go wrong, :) Cali, it's crazy, and the cost of living is definately more than Michigan, tht's for sure, just know in Arizona it's about 20% black if tht, :) and it's like tht here in Vegas, but I love it !!! being from Chi you know I understand about the mentality thing, Keep your head up & stay focused !!!
  • Yep sis, I have planned and participated in many, many shows. I also do freelance work as a wardrobe stylist and am currently working shows for Detroit Fashion Week, (tremendous networking). I am trying to focus on actuall industry type projects and shows, as I plan to relocate soon.
    Thanks for all your comments and suggestions ladies! I really need to have these conversations, keep me on my toes! I really Love this site!
This reply was deleted.