"I will tell you what I believe, in a not very good joke. A very religious man is in Ohio; it’s flooding. And they come and say, “It’s going to flood; you’ve got to leave your house.” And he says, “No, God is going to save me.” And the flood comes, and they send a rowboat. And they say, “Get in the rowboat.” He says, “No, God is going to save me.” The flood comes up and he’s on the roof of the house, and they send a helicopter. And the guy says, “No, God is going to save me.” And he drowns. And he goes to heaven, and [says to God], “I’ve been a good person all my life; I’ve gone to church, and done everything. And you still didn’t save me!” [God] says, “Wait a minute. I sent you a warning, I sent you a rowboat, and I sent you a helicopter.” All you’ve got is what you’re given, not what you imagine you should be given." SOURCE:http://past-the-popcorn.gospelcom.net/index.php/2007/robert-benton/

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I love this story, because so many times we have the blessings right in front of us and we just cant see them.
  • Joan Gosier
    It was nice communicating with you on the phone just then. Much success in all that you do. Never let a rowboat pass you by
This reply was deleted.