What type of LIFE do U want?

I think so many people look at someone else's grass and think "Man! If I only had that kind of job or only had that type of business or if my kids were only this way or that..." I think so many people do not take a moment to assess WHAT TYPE OF LIFE do I want and most importantly, WHAT AM I WILLING TO DO to get it before I die? Life is what U make it. Society makes us think it is microwaveable. "Read my book, buy my DVD or hire me to coach U and U will see your dreams come true!" I believe that resources can help U get close to your dreams, but it is like when I was a kid. I would love to flip through my parents glove compartment and play with the road maps. They fascinated me because they had so many different places within each page. The reality is I still have not been to many of those places nor travelled upon those roads. Yes, I know they exist because I had them in my own hands and could see exactly where the maps would take me. However, at some point in my life, I decided where I wanted to go and therefore I really only need a very specific road map. Any other map is just a distraction or a diversion. Sure it might be fun to just take someone's advice and go off the beaten path. But at the end of my life, I have to be accountable to God on what I did and why I did it. So I guess in the end, it is not how many maps you study to reach your dream, but it is that process and dedicated time you spend in dreaming. Dream big and dream often. The right maps are always available once you have a destination. Joan Gosier, Author of "Cotton Pickin Paycheck-a 21st Century Journal of Escape from Slavery"

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –