Up until a few years ago I had no clue what a virtual assistant was, until I met a wonderful woman who changed my life. As she informed me, virtual assistants are pretty much personal secretaries that specialize in working with entrepreneurs and small businesses in need of someone to assist in all the tasks you might not be able to do yourself. At the time that I met this woman, I knew I could use a hand to balance out the workload but was so worried about having to pay for something I couldn't afford. Fortunately, as she explained, VA can be quite affordable, and we agreed on a very reasonable price. For several months she assisted my operation by helping me populate the Search Urban Directory (in its first stage). Starting a directory required actual links and setting that up took a great deal of time so her help was greatly appreciated. Above and beyond our work together, it is my understanding that virtual assistants basically provide their word processing / computer skills to those in need. She also worked on writing grants, business proposals, and similar things of that nature. I bring up the topic of Virtual Assistants for 3 reasons.... 1) I am quite sure that there are a few VAs in the group and I would love it if you share your services with the group because 2) I am almost certain that there are entrepreneurs on this group trying to do it all by themselves, but they could use some help at an affordable price and 3) I am sure there are women here with amazing technical / word processing skills who had no idea that they could turn this skill into a potential home based business So that being said, ladies let's talk about virtual assistants and help each other learn, succeed, and grow!

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am a virtual assistant and my heart is to help entreprenuers, like yourself, prosper in your businesses. The way I do that is by providing online administrative services to business owners so they that they are free to focus on running a successful business. Please visit my website at www.yourhumbleassistant.com.
  • Here's some more information about Virtual Assistants.

A Virtual Assistant Business
    Software for a Personal Assistant
    What Training does a Virtual Assistant Need?

I hope this helps someone who is considering becoming a virtual assistant.

CeeCee
    www.neosoulessentials.com
    www.womenpreneurs.info
  • I am a Virtual Assistant (VA). I partner with nonprofit organizations' volunteer boards of directors or CEOs. I've been running my VA practice for going on nine years. It amazes me when I see a calendar and realize that it has been that long.

I absolutely love what I do, and the clients that I support.

So, if you know of a nonprofit needing support, please contact me! My website is www.virtual-details.com.

Thanks,
    AA
  • Being a Virtual Assistant is absolutely wonderful! You can choose to have a niche. One of my niches is working with authors and writers.

I successfully completed an intensive Virtual Author’s Assistant training course last year. This training empowered me with the practical skills, knowledge, and resources to partner with writers and authors. As a bonus I have access to industry insiders. Since then, I zealously work hard to provide assistance to authors in various stages of the publishing journey. I’ve been able to help my clients think outside-the-box and create additional products and services so as to obtain passive income; all the while providing one of my specialty services; audio transcription.

I am self-motivated and handle all aspects of the publishing journey – manuscript creation and preparation, printing coordination and distribution, self-publishing, marketing and promotion.

Whether you are looking to publish your first book or a veteran who has been published at least once, I would love to hear from you. Variety is the spice of life! I enjoy collaborating with authors from all categories. It's just one of the magnificent things in a fabulous day of being a Virtual Assistant.

Create an amazing day,
    Larissa
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Write from your heart. Write from your soul.
    Make the best of your talent. And don't ever let it go,
    not for anything! - Anonymous
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Larissa Parks, Professional Author's Assistant
    Seven Winds Author Assistance by Larissa
    Email: larissa@sevenwindsva.com
    www.sevenwindsva.com
  • Hello. I am a Virtual Executive Assistant based in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. You are correct, a Virtual Executive Assistant can change your life by saving you time, money and a guarantee of a successful end result. If you would like additional information, please feel free to view my site at www.unlimitedconsultant.com
    Happy Holidays!
  • We are legal marketing virtual assistants specializing in marketing for the area of criminal defense. We are experienced with the legal rules of advertising in most southern states. If we can be of assistance to others we will.
  • Great discussion!

I'm also a Virtual Assistant. It's the best job and I enjoy helping others with their businesses. I got started by completing a training program through AssistU--the premier training program for Virtual Assistants. It's a wonderful program and I've gotten to meet so many great Virtual Assistants.

I provide a variety of services that include, but are not limited to, marketing, promotions, advertising sales, project management, customer relations, travel and event planning, organizing and implementing systems, desktop publishing, database management, and Internet research.

In January, I'll be launching another part of my business in which I've become an Author's Assistant. I'll be providing services that will help authors navigate through the publishing process. Be sure to check back in January for more details on my website.

Would love to answer any questions. In the meantime, feel free to visit my website: www.virtualbreeze.com. I'm also on Facebook and Twitter!

Best,
    Sonja

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Sonja Chevere
    Virtual Breeze
    sonja@virtualbreeze.com
    www.virtualbreeze.com

*~*~*~* Making your life a little easier
    • I'm looking for a VA. I have a heavy workload and need someone to send emails, post blogs, post to Twitter facebook, run websites. Basically I need a personal assistant but I'm not looking to pay a whole lot of money. I'm not in a position to do that. How do I find the right person?
      • Hi,

My name is Angela and I am a virtual assistant. Please visit my website at www.yhavirtualadminservices.com. My website is still slightly under construction and the links are not functional right now, however there is enough content there to give you an idea about what I do. I understand finances are a concern so please, don't hesitate to contact me because I would like to assess your needs and see if there is any way I can be of assistance to you. If I can't help, I know plenty of other virtual assistants who may be able to.

My email address is angelajordan@yourhumbleassistant.com

Have a blessed day.
  • Hello Everyone!

I absolutely love the work I do! A favorite inspirational quote comes to mind: “There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart…pursue those.” I believe the odds of success are greatly increased when time and energy are put toward things one is passionate about, and things that matter most in one’s life. Life is too short to work any other way! :) It is my mission to live a well-balanced life and help my fabulous clients achieve exactly the same.

It has been my privilege to meet extraordinary and talented solopreneurs, small business owners, authors, coaches, executives, and families from all over the globe and from a wide variety of industries. Variety is the spice of life and my “true calling” of being a Virtual Assistant doesn’t disappoint!

I provide executive, administrative, managerial, corporate and personal support services, travel, audio transcription, and author support services – virtually!

In working with authors and writers I handle all aspects of the publishing journey – manuscript creation and preparation, printing coordination and distribution, self-publishing, marketing and promotion.

As a Certified Travel Agent (www.sevenwindstravel.com) I constantly take care of travel arrangements for my clients; personally and professionally.

Visit my website www.sevenwindsva.com and schedule an appointment online to obtain additional information, ask any questions, or learn more about me and the services I provide. You can also connect with me on MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Have a fabulous week!

Warmly,
    Larissa
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Think of yourself on the threshold of unparalleled success.
    A whole clear, glorious life lies before you.
    Achieve! Achieve! - Andrew Carnegie
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Larissa Parks, Virtual Assistant
    Seven Winds Virtual Assistance, LLC
    Empowering you for success!™
    Email: larissa@sevenwindsva.com
    www.sevenwindsva.com
This reply was deleted.