Help! Ideas Needed

I've just been approached to conduct research for a friend of my mother's...and I have no idea where to start! I think he has a wonderful idea and I would like to help, but no idea where to begin. Suggestions greatly appreciated. He has:170 acres of land, with a natural aquifier that pumps 900-1000 gallons of pure spring water per hour. I'm told that this is an unlimited supply. He's been certified for nearly 17 years and has several dozen reports from different testing entities confirming the purity of his water. He'd like: The property has been in his family for generations and his logging company is on the other 130 acres so he is not looking to sale the land. He'd like to partner with a water district to buy the water or a bottled water company, earning a portion of the profit per bottle of water. My thoughts: I think the bottled option is an excellent, viable idea, particularly with the popularity of the fitness market. Also, in our small town, you can't get reverse osmosis water anywhere (I have to go to Baton Rouge or Lafayette for my Penta). Any ideas on where to start? Or, who to contact that would possibly be interested in building a bottling water processing area on his property? I have the info for Penta, but looking at their processing video, it appears that they have a reliable source in CA. Any thoughts? Thanks!

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I would suggest talking to a lawyer first to draft the language that would protect your friend and keep his interests in mind. Also, making sure that your friend is clear on the boundaries and limitations of the project.

The next suggestion is to throw up a website (and sending out PR) detailing the offering and ask for RFPs in regard to partnership and development and take it from there.

The environmentalist in me wants to say no to another bottled water company.

Good Luck!
This reply was deleted.