Replies

• It's a great idea to do Mary Kay! These is SERIOUS money to be made there. My neighbor hostesses at restaurants, local and state fairs to get customers. She quit her job as a registered nurse to do Mary Kay full time. There is also a friend that held a "Spa Day" at her son's elementary school: She did hand and stress treatments in the teacher's lounge all day. She decorated the tables...it was really nice! I was a school counselor before starting http://www.GurlyGirlDresses.com. At the start of '07 I was thinking about my goals for the year and dreamed of starting a business. I was planning to start over the summer and when I thought about it I said "Life's to short to put off your dreams" and just started right away. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. I work very very hard and I was SURE I was going to be an internet millionaire by now (6 months, hello?) but I'm still glad I made the choice and you will be too. You'll do great!
    • Now that's what I'm talking about. Making serious money doing something that will bring joy. When you are happy with what you do, you automatically become successful because you are willing to put your heart and soul into it. I was the type of person that would let people discourage me when I tried to do something, but I have learned to keep those types of negative people out of my life. That is why I have taken this opportunity to try my hand with making Avon my full time business, since I am off work and really can't do to much. I think your neighbor had a great idea with hostessing and your friend that held spa day. I have been coming up with different ways to advertise and get business. I thought of a "Junk in Da Trunk" day where I will go to a few of the school bus companies (My regular gig is transportation) and sell Avon out of the trunk of my car. I am open for suggestions and I am always willing to try almost any unique idea to make a sell.
  • I wish you the best of luck. I am doing the same thing with Avon. I have gotten tired of not being appreciated for the work I do, and I am also tired of playing by everyone elses rules and not benefitting from it. So I have decided that I will be my own boss. I don't have the stress, deadlines and attitudes to deal with. I can work at my own pace and create my own success.
This reply was deleted.