OK I was thinking? There are some many ways that we can promote our businesses Myspace, LinkIn, Konnect, online networking groups, our own radio shows, etc, etc. With so much to choose from, how do you choose? Tell us what you chose and how its working for you?

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We've learned the best thing to do when you have a lot of options available to you is to - create yourself a system.

Personally we are using as many of the social networking sites of value for syndication of our messages. (If you don't know which ones to join, we've also learned that you can't go wrong going with the most popular ones.)

Most of the social networking sites we’ve joined are used for relationship building while other sites are used for pure syndication of our messages.

Organization is the key here, as there are services out there like Ping.fm that will automate, combine and track all your networks under one space. This makes it very easy to stay organized, share your messages, and save time.

Ping.fm is free to use and it really does increase your ability to drive traffic since your snippets show up across several major social platforms like Facebook, Myspace, Friendfeed, Tumblr, etc.

The best part about Ping.fm is that you don’t have to log into all of your networks separately then go through and update each one separately. You simply post once and Ping.fm dispenses everything for you!

To top it all off, you have the ability to track your clicks and referrers because of the built in tracking system Ping.fm has.

Sign up is simple and free - except for the little time needed to set things up.

None the less, this is exactly what we use to promote our business and it’s working wonderfully for us as it allows us to work smarter, not harder.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to hit us up. We are more than happy to help to ensure your social networks are set up and running on autopilot!
  • I promote my business on a couple of Ning sites, Facebook, Twitter, and I have a business blog; all of these work for me. I have a Myspace page, but I haven't gotten anything from there, so I don't use it as much.

I do think you can spread yourself too thin and not have enough time to really promote and network on sites. So, while you should try out different ones, I think it's important to actually have the time to spend on the sites you're on.

Jamie
    mochawriter.com
    • I agree with you. Social networking is essential, but to avoid spreading yourself too thin it is best to focus on the networks that work best for you. -lh
  • Facebook works for me, twitter works as well. I've created a monthly newsletter; inviting people to sign up and receive the info. Ning definitely helps as well!
  • Currently I'm trying to promote by site through as many online channels as I can, facebook, twitter, social networks like BBWO, message boards, other blogs, yahoo and online directories. Right now I keep track of where and when I post to these various sites as well as track where the traffic from my site is coming from.

So far message boards and facebook are really working and have been the most successful at driving large quality traffic to my site.

Stephanie
    Soulful Engagements
  • I make it a goal to pass out at least 10 cards per day no matter where I go or who I run into. Our company has a low maintenance direct sales program so I also market products and opportunities at vendor fairs, expos and home parties. I also network online through great sites like this one, twitter, facebook, and myspace. I've learned that promoting your business is a numbers game. All of these avenues are great but promotions has to be consistent in order to work. I wouldn't expect to run one ad, every once in a while, and think the flood gates will open. Promoting a successful business at any level takes both strategic and long term planning in order to be successful. Best wishes ladies and go get'em!
  • On a different note.....

This is a great post, which is why I have decided to feature it on 'The Business', a digital magazine featuring the best Small Business discussions and material on the BBWO Network. This is a new feature, so it is still being customized and I would love your feedback. Feel free to add comments on 'The Business' page. I've been wanting to set this up for a while now, especially after reading the responses I got from my post 'Putting the Business Back in BBWO.' As our community gets bigger, it is becoming a SPAM magnet, and I want to ensure that does not happen. We are experts in our own right with tons of info and experiences to share, which is what I want BBWO to continue to be about. If you feel as I do, great! Continue writing these wonderful posts and I will do all that I can to promote you and your business.

Quick tip: If you haven't already done so, feel free to include your web banner or business details at the bottom of this post. I hope that with the new Magazine page, more traffic will be directed to your way!

Take Care,
    LaShanda

.... keep sharing ladies for the interrupt
  • Excellent question.
    In all honesty - this year I'm done almost nothing so far. This year began in a very turbulent way and is finally beginning to mellow out. The beauty of it all (and my reason for responding) is:

Whatever we do well and right will weather our storms in life with us. I am an excellent net-worker. Even though I honestly did not reach out to anyone early this year because of the trials I had to face - A lot f people reached out to me.

Through it all I''ve learned that the most important thing I've done (that kept my business viable through my storm) was to stay in touch with people. I have a practice wherein I spend several hours every week corresponding with people.
  • Hello this is Sharon Gordon, CEO of Urban Trendsetters Media, I publish UrbanTrendsetters News Magazine, we have a weekly radio show, UTS Live and are launching a new t.v. show. We are located in Ohio and have been in business now for over 5 years. Advertising whether print, radio, tv or internet only works if the target market you are going after, looks, reads or listens to the vehicle in which you to market your product. Time and money grabbers 101:
    1: You can advertise in a magazine, but if there are no readers who saw your ad? Don't tell me how many you print and where they are sold, tell me how many people bought them or picked them up.
    2: Don't tell me the station you are on, tell me how many people listen or watch.
    3: Don't tell me you will send out an email blast-tell me how many people you have in your data base that are up to date and current.
    Sista's don't believe the hype. Keep you ears to the streets, they have and always will keep it real. When you get new clients, ask them how they heard of you. Keep your research and on a quartley basis, compare notes and find out what avenue is working for you. Go to every networking event you can find. Join organizations of prosperous (or seemingly prosperous ) people in your area and run your mouth about you and what you do. Have events and partner with like minded people. Press releases as wonderful, as a publisher we are always looking for space fillers, you may get lucky. Don't be afraid to step out of the box. Barter and trade services. If you know someone that is a manager of a store, salon, ect. ask them can you set up shop in their space and market your product in return you give them product. This list is endless.
    I have discovered an awesome new way of marketing and communicating and making money through internet video. This is the way in which I will be marketing Urban Trendsetters beginning this month. For only $9.99 per month you can create your own commericials (videos), live web-casts, live conferences with you downlines, pay per view broadcasting, t.v. shows ect. IT IS AWESOME! If you would like more information on marketing, advertising and this wonderful new product, please contact me at sharon@urbantrendsetters.com, or sharongordon@vmdirect. You can also post on my sistaprenuers page wwwsistapreneurs.ning.com/profile/SharonGordon. I have also designed a NING called Urban Trendsetters-On BEAT-(Be Entreprenuers and Trendsetters). Located at www.urbantrendsetters.ning.com.
    To read Urban Trendsetters online log onto www.urbantrendsetters.com and click on the cover, you will recieve a pdf version.
    I am so excited about this NING site and its creator Ms. Henry and look forward to growing my business with all of yours.
  • HELLO, WELL AS FOR RIGHT NOW IN ADVERTISING BY GIVING OUT FLYERS AND POST CARDS AROUND THE AREA. I SOME FAITHFUL CUSTOMERS, BUT I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MORE. IM STARTING TO MAKE T SHIRTS TO PROMOTE MY BUSINESS AS WELL. IM STILL LEARNING AND THJINGS GET SLOW AT TIMES.
This reply was deleted.