Need more info on finding GRANTS

Hello Everyone. I'm moving on to my next project, which is GRANT research. I'm interested in finding GRANTS. I have done some initial research on the internet and it seems that folks want you to pay $30 or more to get information on how to get GRANT money. Not sure if these sites are legit, so I contacted the Chamber of Commerce and the office of Economic Development in my state and pretty much received the run around. If anyone has information to share on this topic, it would be truly appreciated. I will also check the archives to see if any information on GRANTS is available. Once I complete my GRANT research, I will share what I found with the members of this site.

You need to be a member of Black Business Women Online to add comments!

Join Black Business Women Online

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Go to any large public library and they have shelves of grant directories. If the library is large enough they have a subscription for the online service that is more up to date. If you're look for business grants that might be a little harder, but you can find them.

Also, you have to be specific on what you are searching for, otherwise you are wasting people's time.  Grants to do What?

• Teresa I would love to hear what you find out. I have also been researching and not having much luck. I will keep you posted also. Have a great day;
  • Allison J. Cross has released a grant manual that shows you how to effectively write grant proposals as well as over 1000 agencies that are waiting to fund your vision for business and ministry.
    Every year, TRILLIONS of dollars are REQUIRED to be given away by the Federal Government and Private Foundations.

It's available for the taking... IF you know where to look:

- Education Grants
    - Home Business Grants
    - Housing Grants
    - Personal Needs Grants
    - Healthcare Grants
    - And many More Grants

(The difference between a Grant and a Loan is that Grants don't ever have to be repaid!)
    The Grant Manual is in E-book form, it shows you step by step how to write an effective grant proposal as well as I have listed by category over 1000 agencies that give grants. I'm also adding 2 other manuals as a bonus,
    1. Faith based grants from the government
    2. How to establish your business credit without using your personal credit.
    The Charge is 40.00- these manuals are instant downloads.

(ebook direct link grant Manual)
    http://store.payloadz.com/go?id=191774

If you have any further questions feel free to call or email me.
    Prophetess Allison J. Cross
    P.O. Box 1275
    Muskegon Michigan 49443
    231-343-2511
    prophetesscross@yahoo.com
    • Hi Allison:

I am very interested in your manual but would like to know are there any grants out there for businesses that focus on helping people in foreclosure. I have contacted my Illinois State Representative and others state, local officials and from the sound of it there is no funding out there unless you are a HUD approved counseling agency.

Hopefully you can assist me in the right direction, I am the owner of THE ARI Group, LTD "A Company that specializes in Foreclosure Prevention & Debt Management". website: www.thearigroup.org

Please feel free to contact me with any type of information.

Nicolette Cain
      Ph: 708-275-3318
      nicolette.cain@gmail.com
  • Teresa, I'd encourage you to reach out to the young lady who is handling grant research and submittals for The Better Detroit Youth Movement, Dr. Joshua . . .

Dr. Tiffany L. Joshua, CEO
    Joshua's Harvest, LLC
    Grant Writing, Consulting & Evaluation
    P.O. Box 430083
    Pontiac, MI 48343-0083
    (248) 866-9096 phone
    (248) 451-0300 fax
    jhgrantexperts@aol.com
    www.joshuaharvest.com

She is a wonderful human being and would be a great resource for you . . . Keep me posted on progress . . .

R. Lee Gordon
    www.uniteedesign.com / www.betterdetroityouth.org / www.greaternewyorkyouth.org (just around the corner . . .)
  • On a different note.....

This is a great post, which is why I have decided to feature it on 'The Business', a digital magazine featuring the best Small Business discussions and material on the BBWO Network. This is a new feature, so it is still being customized and I would love your feedback. Feel free to add comments on 'The Business' page. I've been wanting to set this up for a while now, especially after reading the responses I got from my post 'Putting the Business Back in BBWO.' As our community gets bigger, it is becoming a SPAM magnet, and I want to ensure that does not happen. We are experts in our own right with tons of info and experiences to share, which is what I want BBWO to continue to be about. If you feel as I do, great! Continue writing these wonderful posts and I will do all that I can to promote you and your business.

Quick tip: If you haven't already done so, feel free to include your web banner or business details at the bottom of this post. I hope that with the new Magazine page, more traffic will be directed to your way!

Take Care,
    LaShanda

.... keep sharing ladies for the interrupt
  • Your state SCORE agency is a beginner. And also remember anyone who is seeking fees for information it's not legit. Believe it. Finding grants for businesses will be hard because they want you to believe there are no business start-up grants. There are grants out there sometimes you have to go into other categories to find them instead of business start-up.
  • Try networking. Do you have children in school. I chaired the grantwriting committee at my daughter's school. I don't know a thing about grantwriting, but almost the entire committee was made up parents who do grantwriting for a living. Schools (at least in NYC) are not being provided necessary funds and many use grants for certain programs. As someone commented, the foundation center is a good resource. The one in NYC city holds workshops on everything related to grants and grantwriting. They are pretty inexpensive. I took one on budgeting. If you don't live too far, maybe you can come into NYC and take some classes and network. Check out the colleges as well. Many of the parents on the committee either worked in colleges or some type of educational arena.
  • Hi Teresa,

I'm Sharen, a new person on the block. It appears that you and I are searching for the same thing. I found a site that said don't trust most grant offers because they are scrams. I found one that said it would only cost me 1.99, but in fine print it say's I will have to pay 39,00 a month after seven days. I later found another one saying the same thing. Try looking under "Gov. Grant Scam," to see what is listed as bad business,. Remember many of them say various prices, some will give your money back and some aren't real. The one I decided to try state it's a one time $19.97 fee gurantee to give me back my money if I 'm not satisfied. They are the "FFP- Federal Funding Programs.org. I hope this helps you and me. I know this was back in March, but just in case you are still searching.
    • Hi Sharen,

Thanks for the info. Yes, I ran into the same things - fees being charge to get the info on grants. I have been reviewing all the GREAT info based on everyone's response and will use in my research. Goodluck and thanks for the info.

-Teresa
This reply was deleted.