When you begin to plan your vision there will seem to be things that hinder you from pushing forward. Be aware of the vision killers!!
1. Tradition. Some people are accustomed to doing things a certain way. They feel like your vision goes against the grain and often times when people can't associate with your vision, they will ridicule it. Beware of the company you keep! Keep people around you who can support your vision and dreams.
2. Fear of ridicule. You're afraid of what others think. You have this new idea to try something old in a new way. But after planning you start thinking about what others will say to you and about you.
3. Negative Thinking. You start questioning your own abilities to carry out your vision. I don't think I'm qualified. I don't have the time. What if no one likes me? My spouse says this is just an expensive hobby, I'll never make it. Flick that bug out of your ear! Post a vision board in a space you frequent daily and remind yourself of your vision and the reason why its important to bring it to fruition!
4. Short-term thinking. You're only thinking about what you want right now and not long term. Remember short term thinking leads to a better moment, long term thinking leads to a better life.
5. Stereotypes. Sometimes there is a speech, a look, a lifestyle that is associated with certain positions and businesses. Stereotypes can create fear if you are a pioneer in a new field or the first in an older field.
Whatever it is that's holding you back, shake it off and keep moving towards your goal. Nurture your vision and stop murdering your vision before you've given it a chance to live!