October is breast cancer awareness month. A time where we are encouraged to "think pink". For many women who are either recently diagnosed, being treated, in remission or you know or have a loved one with breast cancer; you don't have to have a month dedicated to awareness of this deadly disease. You have a constant reminder.
Periodically during the month I will provide some information I hope to be helpful to spread the word about breast cancer and the need for more research. Also, Trinity Lace Wigs will be donating a portion of proceeds from sales in the month of October to breast cancer research.
Did you know?:
* Even a woman who does not have breast cancer in her family history can get breast cancer
* The two leading factors of breast cancer is: being a woman and getting older
* Early detection of breast cancer is the best way to combat it. The best method for early detection are regularly scheduled mammograms. Every woman should get an annual mammogram starting at 40 years of age.
* Certain activities can reduce your chances of developing breast cancer such as: regular physical activity, maintaining a healthy weight, and limiting alcohol intake.
* More women now are surviving breast cancer than ever due to early detection and improved medical treatments.