Yes, I have flipped around this well known quote. Typically, the statement is “Behind Every Great Man is a Great Woman.” It is a wonderful quote and very simply explains how important a great relationship is for a man to truly reach various levels of success in his life. History is full of numerous examples of incredibly successful men who had wives, lovers, and/or mistresses who inspired them to be more than ordinary and reach great levels of accomplishment.
Monuments like the Taj Mahal are constant reminders of how powerful love is and the lengths that a grateful and happy man will go to express his love for an inspiring woman. A woman who was, at times, quietly in the background offering her love and support for his ideas and visions of success; his partner, love, and many times his best friend.
Knowing how powerful the right love connection can be for true happiness and success in life. I decided to also point out how important is for a woman to also have a truly wonderful and supportive man in her life; someone who rouses her to be and do more; a man who is confident, lovable, and passionately believes in her and her dreams.
To prove my point here are few modern day women who have amazing and loving support from their men:
• Michelle Obama (Husband - President of the United States Barack Obama)
• Angelina Jolie (Life Partner – Brad Pitt)
• Jada Pinkett-Smith (Husband – Will Smith)
• Beyonce (Husband – Jay Z)
Are a few wonderful examples of women with a powerhouse man in her corner; these ladies understand the importance of having a great life partner because, if you really think about it being married or in a long-term relationship is about much more than romance. It is about coming together with common goals and life visions. Our individual goals are important, but having someone who you can share your dreams, fears, and victories is priceless.
Unfortunately, too often, as we move forward on our path to personal success we leave out one of our greatest fans. The man who loves us and wants nothing but the best for us and truly does want to offer assistance and guidance (when requested); learning how to invite him in requires courage, humility, and trust.
You must be willing to communicate your ambitions, desires, and goals with the one you have selected to share your life. Or if you are single, now is the time to develop the skills to communicate these ideas with a future mate. Learning how to be supportive is not only about being there for your man. It is also about letting him be available for you. He wants to help you, if he is unaware of what you are thinking about; how can he be of assistance?
So, the next time you are feeling discouraged and alone in your quest for success. Think about the women I listed in the beginning of this article. They have found a healthy balance of individual success within a loving partnership/relationship. You can too. It is all about communication.
Here are a few questions for you:
- Do you have some misguided belief that you must pursue your desires alone? (The “Superwoman” syndrome; I don’t need a man. I don’t need anyone. I can do this on my own.)
- Does your beloved know about your secret ambitions and goals?
- If yes, good for you. If not, why not?
- Are you afraid to personally step up to your dreams and know that if you share with your partner you will need to finally take action?
- Are afraid of possible ridicule? (Fear is usually “Much ado about nothing.” Take that leap of faith; you deserve to live your best life.)
- Has your beloved ever been unkind about any personal goals you have shared with him? If not, then let him know what is on your mind… Remember you are in a partnership with this person.
So, if you are ready to put aside your fears, stop trying to be superwoman, and finally bring your beloved back into your life, but are unsure where to begin. Let’s talk, I am here for you. I believe in you and I want you to have a life that fulfills you and allows you to join the ranks of great women with a great guy standing “behind” her.
As always, I am wishing you much love and unlimited joy,
Cyndi Harris, HP
Relationship Solutions Coach and Man Whisperer “Intimacy Creation Savant”
Author of the forthcoming book “Official Handbook to Becoming Irresistible – Learn How to be a Woman Who is Positively Unforgettable.”